WFG or Primerica? What better options are there?

You're trying to pre-label me and assign a value to my work based on my company affiliation or representation.

You're looking to respond to whatever I write with "Oh, you're with them" or "Oh, you're one of those."

I don't play that game. :)

Well, you're the one who starts the mocking of other Broker Dealers, so why not know which companies you represent. Why is it such a mystery?

Because the knowledge and wisdom I bring to my clients is FAR more valuable than the products I sell and the companies I represent.

You'll actually have a far better career once you realize that the REAL pecking order is:
1. Clients
2. Agents/advisors
3. Companies

Companies would have you think THEY are #1 and "they" are out saving the world.

Not true.

Well, you're the one who starts the mocking of other Broker Dealers, so why not know which companies you represent.

I've been mocking insurance company CULTURES within the "MLM" sphere.

Which broker/dealer was I mocking? I can mock them all due to their over-burdensome compliance issues with their precious Series 6, 7, & 63.

Of course, it's easier to mock when you've HAD those licenses.

Getting back to the original question:
WFG or Primerica? What better options are there?
I think its as simple as this... Please bear in mind im not talking about all that fancy variable 6, 7, and 63 rubbish, I leave that to the smart guys in the room. I'm talking life insurance.

When you are independent you can choose your distribution channel, you can negotiate your commission directly with a carrier or you can choose to work with one or many brokerages (Me personally, I like Brokers Alliance) and negotiate a great commission rate with them. You have a selection of carriers with independence like this:

Northwestern Mutual
Lincoln Financial
New York Life
MassMutual
Prudential Financial Inc.
John Hancock
Transamerica
Pacific Life
Metlife
AIG
Guardian
AXA
Brighthouse Financial
Protective
Sammons Enterprises Inc.
Voya Financial Inc.
Nationwide
Torchmark Corp.
Penn Mutual
Securian
Mutual of Omaha
Principal Financial Group Inc.
Western & Southern Financial
Genworth
National Life Group
Legal & General
Zurich
Lincoln Benefit Life Co.
RiverSource
USAA
Ohio National
Talcott Resolution
OneAmerica
Allianz
Aflac
Allstate Corp.
Global Atlantic
Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Co
Jackson
Great-West
CNO Financial Group
American National
Unum Group
Ameritas
Nassau Re
TIAA
Symetra
Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Co.
Wilton Re
AAA Life Insurance
Sun Life Financial
CUNA Mutual
American Family Life Insurance Co.
COUNTRY Financial
Fidelity & Guaranty Life
Kemper
National Western Life Grp Inc.
Iowa Farm Bureau Federation
SB Mutual Life Insurance Co. of MA
Kansas City Life Insurance Co.
Security Mutual Life Insurance Co. NY
Cincinnati Life Insurance Co.
Athene
Americo
iA Financial
Assurant
Pan American Life
Columbian Mutual Life Insurance Co.
National Guardian Life Insurance Co.
Erie Family Life Insurance Co.
Indiana Farm Bureau
Physicians Mutual
Cigna
American Fidelity
Federated Life Insurance Co.
Alfa Life Insurance Corp.
Boston Mutual
Tennessee Farmers Life Insurance Co.
Shelter Life Insurance Co.
Fidelity Life Assn.
Auto-Owners Life Insurance Co.
Assurity
The Baltimore Life Insurance Co
Citizens
Amica Life Insurance Co.
Prosperity Life Insurance Group LLC
Michigan Farm Bureau
Pekin Life Insurance Co.
Chubb
Global Bankers Insurance
UnitedHealth Group
CVS Health Corp.
American Enterprise
Security National Financial
Foresters Life Insurance & Annuity Co.
USHEALTH
Illinois Mutual Life Insurance Co

@webestrian You can choose to represent just about any one of them with no problem. As a matter of fact, you can even recruit agents to work underneath your master code and start your own micro MLM if that's what makes sense to you, or you could simply represent your clients in the best light without having to pay to go to training events and the like. I think with a resounding majority you will find that you will meet far more successful people outside of the nearly cultish feel you get from an organization that spends more time selling the dream than taking care of their retail client's needs. There are good apples you can pick off the ground, but most end up with worms, so I would start at the tree. Start your own agency, get some carriers, and roll with it.

It doesn't matter for this discussion. You're trying to 'peg' me into a role for you to mentally understand... and I don't live in that role.

However, I'll go ahead and contribute to your overall education with this article.

A great read. One thing that opened my mind to the potential kool aid effect was the lack of outside education when I was with another organization.

I once asked a rep where is your loyalty? To the company, your RVP, or your family? Guess who in the big picture came in last?

Reactions: DHK
No, sorry, it wasn't with you. It's some guy named "Toolbelt" who goes on and on with his bashing. I don't get the bashing about another company, why bad mouth. If you don't like a company, it's ok, but no need to go on and on...
I believe that the bashing is more of an attempt to protect or warn the noobs that might come across this thread and are considering joining one of these MLM-type firms. If we can save one poor soul from getting bent over and done raw...well, we've done a great service. I started my career with a 3-month stint at a firm that also has a horrible rep (w/ agents) and I would hate to see others suffer the same ordeals.

I believe that the bashing is more of an attempt to protect or warn the noobs that might come across this thread and are considering joining one of these MLM-type firms. If we can save one poor soul from getting bent over and done raw...well, we've done a great service. I started my career with a 3-month stint at a firm that also has a horrible rep (w/ agents) and I would hate to see others suffer the same ordeals.
Said perfectly... People CAN be successful in ANY environment, it's not that there is bashing of anyone's success... It's more the preying on the naive first timer rather than someone with experience and in the know. How many people do you meet having had a 10-15 year stint anywhere indy that say "man, I gotta get on with Primerica, what an opportunity!" It's the ones that go and interview that are brand new and have no idea about ALL of their options before choosing a path. as @FRJ said... it's that one poor soul, not the whole bloody outfit. Giving a new person the GREATEST opportunity for sustained success is what I think a good many of us care about the most, not bashing a company, just the culture.

Back