What are 3 things that make a excellent FE agent?

That's true unless you're working in a Navy Town. I started out at MetLife in Virginia Beach, VA. A lot of my prospects were Navy techies. Some of those guys know more than 99% of the entire world, if you know what I mean.

I was born Virginia Beach! Going back there next week!

Wow, small world! I have two sons that still live there (although they've both moved to a trendy part of Norfolk.) And now you live near my family in Indie!

The son that just got out of the Marine Corps starts a new job in McLean VA in a month. KId just spent five years gone, a couple of months home getting his clearances transferred and now moving to the other side of the country. The wife and I are starting to take it personal.

The son that just got out of the Marine Corps starts a new job in McLean VA in a month. KId just spent five years gone, a couple of months home getting his clearances transferred and now moving to the other side of the country. The wife and I are starting to take it personal.
Man! I thought I had it bad! I have 2 sons in Norfolk, and one in San Diego. My wife and I are in Dallas smack in the middle of both coasts. We def take it personal!

(To be fair they were practically raised in Virginia, so it wasn't weird for them to move back to the familiar when they were old enough. The other son met his wife in VA just before we moved away from there. She's from San Diego, and most of her family is still there. So I think that was inevitable that they'd end up there. Ironically, I lived in SD throughout my teen years. Their apartment is just 2 miles from where I used to live.)

Last edited:
Man! I thought I had it bad! I have 2 sons in Norfolk, and one in San Diego. My wife and I are in Dallas smack in the middle of both coasts. We def take it personal!

(To be fair they were practically raised in Virginia, so it wasn't weird for them to move back to the familiar when they were old enough. The other son met his wife in VA just before we moved away from there. She's from San Diego, and most of her family is still there. So I think that was inevitable that they'd end up there. Ironically, I lived in SD throughout my teen years. Their apartment is just 2 miles from where I used to live.)

Yeah his mother in law is having a melt down over her daughter leaving. We are used to the boys being gone but always assumed they would all come home and at least stay in the state. But he is young and was offered a nice starting salary so he needs to follow the money. Hell, we will decide in a few years if we will leave CA as well. Everyone else is.

Yeah his mother in law is having a melt down over her daughter leaving. We are used to the boys being gone but always assumed they would all come home and at least stay in the state. But he is young and was offered a nice starting salary so he needs to follow the money. Hell, we will decide in a few years if we will leave CA as well. Everyone else is.
I think the whole state is moving to Texas. Once we got In 'N' Out Burger, and Pollo Loco, I think everyone said, "OK, we can go ahead and move to Dallas now."

I think the whole state is moving to Texas. Once we got In 'N' Out Burger, and Pollo Loco, I think everyone said, "OK, we can go ahead and move to Dallas now."

Now you know how we felt in California. Growing up every guy I worked with in construction was Tex, Hillbilly, Tennessee, Mississippi, Tatter, Bud, Gator, Cadillac Eddie, Spud, Okie and Arkie and so on. Many were transplants but a lot were the kids of the Dust Bowl Migration. Great music and food.

I am in a dozen or so states. Not because I market there but because my clients are all bailing from here.

Now you know how we felt in California. Growing up every guy I worked with in construction was Tex, Hillbilly, Tennessee, Mississippi, Tatter, Bud, Gator, Cadillac Eddie, Spud, Okie and Arkie and so on. Many were transplants but a lot were the kids of the Dust Bowl Migration. Great music and food.

I am in a dozen or so states. Not because I market there but because my clients are all bailing from here.

Just move a few hours east...all good.

Worrying about being overly prepared for every possible thing is the #1 agent killer. I’ve had agents that had their 1st leads, have contracts approved with Oxford, Trans, Gerber, Trinity, etc but then they tell you they are planning to wait until next week to run appointments because their UHL number hasn’t come through yet. What?

Those guys never make it.

The kind of guys who make it are out there 1st thing Monday morning if they only have ONE company appointment that has come through. They don’t know the meaning of the word no. And they can’t wait to get out there and get their piece of the pie.

Or you get the guy who is so worried about running into a case that he can’t place so he freezes up and does nothing. Who cares? You will place most of them if you just get out there.

Best advice for any agent, not just final expense.

Back