What got you started in insurance?

I was 27. Worked a couple years for County Government in the Economic Development Dept & also The Job Training Dept----knew I couldn't do that for a career as it was about 10% good use of time & money & 90% watching wasteful spending, especially when needing to blow money in the final weeks of annual budget to avoid budget cuts for following year.

I then owned an adult entertainment establishment & my wife was a dancer for a few years. We wanted to have kids & knew those were not great careers to raise kids. Side note: we went to a Catholic marriage encounter for old married peope. We went with her parents & when all the old men asked what I did for a living, I invented the "I own an adult entertainment establishment & my wife is a dancer". It wasn't Lie. I owned a small town bar/restaurant with billiards & bands & my wife owned a dance studio. Sure ended the boring talk with those guys & they sure looked different at my wife when she came back to the table. Sold the bar/restaurant soon after

Always knew I would be in sales & own my own business. Didn't want real estate as I felt like it was too much waiting & sitting at open houses on nights & weekends only. Didn't want car sales as I didn't believe in new cars & high car payments & didn't like that you kind of waited for buyers to come. Didn't want to sell stocks only as you needed to find a small group of people with large sums to invest. Sooo, I was well connected with large natural market & knew everyone needed home, auto & should have life insurance & all my business connections needed commercial insurance & health. So, 100% of the people I knew would need what I had to offer. So, went into multi line insurance in 1996. Became a Managing Partner in 1998 covering 12 counties with 110 agents. Always had a knack for Life insurance, annuities & retirement plans, so started working for corporate office in 2016 focusing on those products working on mainly with field of 400+ multi line agents.

Last edited:
I invented the "I own an adult entertainment establishment & my wife is a dancer". It wasn't Lie. I owned a small town bar/restaurant with billiards & bands & my wife owned a dance studio. Sure ended the boring talk with those guys & they sure looked different at my wife when she came back to the table.

That's is called telling "some version of the truth" . . .

Not until you make the insurance industry great again

what?

Since when has doing something positive or successful become a requirement for national political office or being on the Presidential ticket?

In additional to partial truths, I need to get going on the other parts of my resume to be eligible by sexually assaulting women, saying racist things & increasing my level of narcissism. I will shoot for the 2027 or maybe 2047 when I am in my 80s

Was working as a millwright in a papermill.. Hated it. Wanted a job where I could stay clean and wear a a coat and tie.. Manager for a debit company came by to collect my MIL's insurance and offer me a job running a debit. I took it and my wife pitched a fit. I took a $25 per week cut in pay (1971).. In a little over a year, I as making twice what I made in the mill. After about 25 years I started to deal in antiques on the side.. Then I put the insurance on part time and dealt mainly in antiques (mistake). Returned to insurance with a captive company full time 2004 after losing my health insurance and being uninsurable. Went back indy in 2009 after qualifying for Medicare. If physically able would still be selling.

Back