What got you started in insurance?

I got tired of selling vacuum cleaners.

My BIL sold Kirby . . . they were built like a Buick and weighed about the same

s-l500.jpg

My BIL sold Kirby . . . they were built like a Buick and weighed about the same

s-l500.jpg
Nope, I sold Rainbow's. No, it wasn't associated with LGBTQ+. Always killed Kirby's. What an overpriced hunk of metal.

My uncle that got me into the insurance business sold Kirby's before insurance. He told me he sold a Kirby to a family that had a dirt floor. I wanted to believe him, but I come from a long line of bullshitters, storytellers and liars. :laugh:

Nope, I sold Rainbow's. No, it wasn't associated with LGBTQ+. Always killed Kirby's. What an overpriced hunk of metal.

My uncle that got me into the insurance business sold Kirby's before insurance. He told me he sold a Kirby to a family that had a dirt floor. I wanted to believe him, but I come from a long line of bullshitters, storytellers and liars. :laugh:
The reason I asked about the dirt ... Had a friend that sold Kirbys. Said his first demo after he was trained was a sweet little old lady. She never said a word when he dumped his dirt sample in her carpet. Plugged in his Kirby and nothing. That's when she told him that her power had been cut off. he had to pick up every bit of that dirt by hand.

The reason I asked about the dirt ... Had a friend that sold Kirbys. Said his first demo after he was trained was a sweet little old lady. She never said a word when he dumped his dirt sample in her carpet. Plugged in his Kirby and nothing. That's when she told him that her power had been cut off. he had to pick up every bit of that dirt by hand.
I used to hold a bright light next to the Kirby bag and bump it so they could see all the dust coming out of the bag. I also like to turn both on and put the hoses together and the Rainbow would suck the air out of the Kirby bag.

I was 20 and working in a factory.
A guy I worked with, went to work with Life of Georgia.
Of course, he came to the house and sold me a savings plan.
It was a 20-pay endowment at 60.

You pay the premium for twenty years, have the face amount
as life insurance from day one, and at sixty you receive the
face amount to help in your retirement.
That was the pitch.

I had to wait till I was 21 to get a license.
Went to work with Life of Georgia ready to help people save!!!
In 1979 I was making $5.75 an hour in a hot factory.
In 6 months, I was making over $400 per week.

Liberty National came around recruiting me.
So, I went with them on a debit.

Crazy times indeed.

Back