What Happened?

With a quick jump that high without the keyword performance (they are still #19 in Google for my search of renters insurance) I would say that they ran an ad campaign, either PPC or possibly an offline one.

Take a look at this

https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer/overview/subdomains/rentersinsurance.org

What It really looks like is that they spent all of 2012 trying to get a penalty removed by Google and once they did they were right back at it.

I don't know if you noticed this, but I found this to be pretty funny:

they created an infographic about netflix vs redbox, and used "renters insurance" as their anchor text.

Online Marketing Trends: NetFix Vs RedBox: Infographic Comparison

Here's another one they did about cats:

CatStuff: Which Cat Should You Pick?

Here's an on topic one : Gilbert Renters Insurance | (480) 621-6400 | Rent Insurance | McAlister-Gray Insurance

I don't know if you noticed this, but I found this to be pretty funny:

they created an infographic about netflix vs redbox, and used "renters insurance" as their anchor text.

Online Marketing Trends: NetFix Vs RedBox: Infographic Comparison

Here's another one they did about cats:

CatStuff: Which Cat Should You Pick?

Here's an on topic one : Gilbert Renters Insurance | (480) 621-6400 | Rent Insurance | McAlister-Gray Insurance

I actually didn't dig that deep but that's pretty funny stuff. This is exactly what I was talking about in the other topic where these things can become low quality really fast. Good stuff thanks for pointing it out though. It really interests me in how creative people can get with link building.

Last edited:
Back