Whats Your Favorite Website Builder?

Personally, I like a combination of twice a week plugin-based backups and I always keep the last 4 (2 weeks) on the server and using a domain-level backup at the panel level that runs once per week and includes all settings, etc. Then, on top of that, I run server-level backups daily on top of a RAID-5 array.

What backup plugins are you currently using?

What backup plugins are you currently using?

BackupWordPress is one I have on a good deal of sites. It does well, is regularly updated, and has a fully functional free version that backs up to the local drive, although you do have to pay for premium extensions if you want it to backup to a cloud-based service like Dropbox or Drive, etc.

If a site owner will take the time to do daily backups, regular updates and scans, and stay on top of site/plugin vulnerability then there is no reason to pay $29/mo for WPE.

I have yet to meet an agent that devotes that kind of time to site maintenance.

I'm a big fan of WP Engine as well and I recommend it to just about anyone that has a WordPress site. Like you said, I know very few people that want to devote the time to site maintenance... WP Engine, in my opinion, is a great solution for Wordpress users that want a secure site that runs fast without having to mess around with all the technical aspects of security, etc.

Back