What is important to you in selecting an upline FMO?

I really do not see why anyone would not want to work through an legit upline...other than preconceived ideas..

Like others I've had some pretty shitty uplines. That a-hole owner of AGA cheated me out of somewhere between $5-10,000. This was back in the day that commissions were routinely assigned for MA. Then he wouldn't release me. I learned a valuable (and expensive) lesson.

Now I work with Todd. I know I won't get cheated on contracts and he has no problem granting a release as long as there is no chargeback issues. For me that's more important than trying to get another point on my commission.

As far as training, I basically wrong the book (actually the website Medicare Training 101) so I think I'm good on that respect.

There are agents here (I'm thinking of one in particular that asks for help with every life case) whose goal is to get as much commission as possible when he really should have a realistic contract with a marketer that can actually help. But I guess when dollars are more important than clients.....

Rick

You are right in that WE don't need FMOs. WE don't need any training either. WE don't need someone to call to try and fight the company for us. WE don't need any of that stuff and/or more. But then, there are some agents who do need those things. I personally am glad that you have reached the conclusion that YOU don't need an FMO, but don't think for a second that your needs (or non-needs) are the same for everyone.

I do have one question for you though. Did you ever need anyone besides yourself in this industry or did you just start killing it from day one all by yourself? My bet is that you did need someone.

Let me entertain your question with an answer. I have a total of 15 years experience in the Health; Medicare, Individual, Group, and Life Industry, & Auxiliary benefits. I started working for Empire Blue Cross & Blue Shield in the late 80's. I have knowledge in the health administration; Medicare Grievance and Appeal & compliance and last i entered the sales environment. I started Working the Medicare market in 2005 here in FL when the government CMS gave the administration part to the private health insurance companies. I understand very clearly the reasons why. It is all a number$ game, for you! and control of the Independent Channel for the Insurance Carriers! you say that is about compliance and keeping the agents informed yes that is what we have all heard-However redundantly impossible! you put up a website you hire a couple of A. Hole GA's and you answer some phone calls the birth of an FMO! who regulates your entity? and your employees? the Insurance companies, Nope! CMS? nope-Because the contracts are written very specific to the Agent. It all goes back to the Independent Agent. You have no liability, and all the rewards. Furthermore you and the FMO hierarchy gets compensated for the business written by each independent agent. IF i am going to fatten up your wallet do you think that i do not have the right to ask for more than just a link to get contracted? But somehow i feel more like i work for you, lets see i get about 15 emails per day, from the FMO and other coming from the Insurance carriers themselves telling me the same duplicating the same work! then the phone calls, and then the GA's attitudes. IF YOU KNOW HOW TO READ YOU DON'T NEED AN FMO! often times agents get had not because they don't know what they are doing is because they are easily led by hard wash talk! and don't read the fine print! So AGENTS if you HAVE TO to sign up with an FMO don't believe the hype!

Let me entertain your question with an answer. I have a total of 15 years experience in the Health; Medicare, Individual, Group, and Life Industry, & Auxiliary benefits. I started working for Empire Blue Cross & Blue Shield in the late 80's. I have knowledge in the health administration; Medicare Grievance and Appeal & compliance and last i entered the sales environment. I started Working the Medicare market in 2005 here in FL when the government CMS gave the administration part to the private health insurance companies. I understand very clearly the reasons why. It is all a number$ game, for you! and control of the Independent Channel for the Insurance Carriers! you say that is about compliance and keeping the agents informed yes that is what we have all heard-However redundantly impossible! you put up a website you hire a couple of A. Hole GA's and you answer some phone calls the birth of an FMO! who regulates your entity? and your employees? the Insurance companies, Nope! CMS? nope-Because the contracts are written very specific to the Agent. It all goes back to the Independent Agent. You have no liability, and all the rewards. Furthermore you and the FMO hierarchy gets compensated for the business written by each independent agent. IF i am going to fatten up your wallet do you think that i do not have the right to ask for more than just a link to get contracted? But somehow i feel more like i work for you, lets see i get about 15 emails per day, from the FMO and other coming from the Insurance carriers themselves telling me the same duplicating the same work! then the phone calls, and then the GA's attitudes. IF YOU KNOW HOW TO READ YOU DON'T NEED AN FMO! often times agents get had not because they don't know what they are doing is because they are easily led by hard wash talk! and don't read the fine print! So AGENTS if you HAVE TO to sign up with an FMO don't believe the hype!

You seem to be bitter person in general.. sorry you have had such bad experiences in the past .. . an FMO cannot control their Independent agents .. they are called independent for one reason .. they are independent ..of course FMO have a larger contract than an agent .. a GA has a larger contract than an agent .. an MGA has a larger contract than a GA ..etc ... Insurance works like almost every segment of industry .. middlemen across the spectrum provide value and if they didn't they would cease to exist.. not sure why you begrudge an upline for making something on your sales if it cost you nothing .. but whatever floats your boat..

MAPD carriers do not show you how to cross sell ... you learn to cross sell with FMO's and other agents to share their success stories ..regardless we differ and quite honestly I am sure any FMO on here would probably hope that if you ever elect to go with an FMO you would select anyone but them ..

Paragraphs....please. :arghh:

You seem to be bitter person in general.. sorry you have had such bad experiences in the past .. . an FMO cannot control their Independent agents .. they are called independent for one reason .. they are independent ..of course FMO have a larger contract than an agent .. a GA has a larger contract than an agent .. an MGA has a larger contract than a GA ..etc ... Insurance works like almost every segment of industry .. middlemen across the spectrum provide value and if they didn't they would cease to exist.. not sure why you begrudge an upline for making something on your sales if it cost you nothing .. but whatever floats your boat..

MAPD carriers do not show you how to cross sell ... you learn to cross sell with FMO's and other agents to share their success stories ..regardless we differ and quite honestly I am sure any FMO on here would probably hope that if you ever elect to go with an FMO you would select anyone but them ..
:laugh: you mean i sound bitter.. seem? you don't know me! Anyways No, I am not bitter, i like to state facts. If you are a new agent and want good experience then work for an Agency/or go captive for a while and get paid while you learn. Hang out with the Pro's! Personally i do well, and have no need for FMO's.

:laugh: you mean i sound bitter.. seem? you don't know me! Anyways No, I am not bitter, i like to state facts. If you are a new agent and want good experience then work for an Agency/or go captive for a while and get paid while you learn. Hang out with the Pro's! Personally i do well, and have no need for FMO's.
... so an agent goes with Humana and they feed him leads and he elects to leave and go the independent route .. as you know they keep his commissions once he leaves .. go with UHC as a ICA and he learns one product from someone that never been in the field and or failed as an agent that give him and or one perspective ..at least with UHC they can keep commissions earned... go with Anthem and they pay a reduced commissions and you leave and they keep your commissions ..

I am sure you do well .. but my guess you could make more money and I assume that is what you mean by saying doing well if you have other agents insights at an informal get together of ideas .. but maybe you have the answers.. I learn everyday

Back