What is Your Favorite Final Expense Lead Company?!?

While I agree that one should give priority to one's newest leads, for a door knocker, if you have that DM piece in your hand, there really is no way to tell a long shot lead from a lay down based merely upon how long ago you got the lead, imho. A few months back I sold a policy to a lead I bought from @Rearden in November of 2016 that was already several months old when I bought it from him. Maybe it was a longshot that he'd still be at that address, but if the lead is home, I don't see why it would be any more or less likely a sale.

I’ve sold plenty of old leads too. Real old leads. That was actually my biggest problem in the field was I work the old ones for too long. And I was an old door knocker.

But I’ve seen the light by the agents nowadays. Fresh leads first. Call and set your appointments. Work 2 to 3 days in the field. I used to work 5 to 6 days in the field hit the numbers.

I’ve sold plenty of old leads too. Real old leads. That was actually my biggest problem in the field was I work the old ones for too long. And I was an old door knocker.

But I’ve seen the light by the agents nowadays. Fresh leads first. Call and set your appointments. Work 2 to 3 days in the field. I used to work 5 to 6 days in the field hit the numbers.

I'm surprised to hear you say this about working the old leads too long. I used to work the hell out of my leads, but I always worked those new ones first. If I didn't get back to the older ones after I worked my newer ones then so be it.

And it doesn't really matter if you get your leads all in one day or if they trickle in all week, you still give the new ones priority.

I'm surprised to hear you say this about working the old leads too long. I used to work the hell out of my leads, but I always worked those new ones first. If I didn't get back to the older ones after I worked my newer ones then so be it.

And it doesn't really matter if you get your leads all in one day or if they trickle in all week, you still give the new ones priority.

Old leads aren’t worthless. But let’s say you got 25 leads a month ago. You worked them and sold five of them. You got in front of 10 more of them and pitched them after disqualifying them.

The other 10 you’ve door knocked multiple times. Either never home. Or they porched you and said bad timing, etc.

You have four more weeks of those in your active clipboard (40 leads from previous weeks) plus your 25 new leads from this week. I sorted them in my active clipboard by order of map route not order of age. So they would all get all mixed in together.

So now you have 65 active leads in your clipboard all routed out for effective drive bys. Sounds perfect.

But 40 of that 65 are actually previously worked Leads that are really the scraps from previous weeks orders. They are the long shots. Not impossible to sell. But just less likely than your brand new unworked leads.

It’s not that this weeks leads are little bit newer than the other ones. That makes them slightly better but not a big difference there. The big difference is that they are unworked. They’re not the remainders of what was left over after the easy cream is already skimmed off the top of the other ones. The fresh 25 still have that easy cream left in them.

Last edited:
"A lead is a lead. It is nothing more and nothing less."

IF and HOW you work your lead is the key to the puzzle...

The "secret sauce" is mostly a head thing...

It seems like there are two different systems of working leads being mentioned in the thread?

One is working primarily from appointments, calling leads and setting appointments and then door knocking leads only if an appointment cancels at the last minute?

The other is door knocking everything?

It seems like there are two different systems of working leads being mentioned in the thread?

One is working primarily from appointments, calling leads and setting appointments and then door knocking leads only if an appointment cancels at the last minute?

The other is door knocking everything?

When you set appointments you are going to run the appointments first. If you still have week left after running your appointments or if you haven’t met your personal sales goal then you door knock all the other leads. They might be people who wouldn’t answer the phone. Or people who wouldn’t set an appointment.

The main thought is that the same people that are agreeable to an appointment are the same ones that will most likely agree to buy a policy. The ones that are resistant to an appointment are the same ones that will be more resistant to buying insurance. Doesn’t ALWAYS go that way but trends that way.

Also an appointment that was expected is more professional than a drop by.

So you're basically saying your close rate (close to sits, not close/leads) is higher for you and your agents when the sit is from an appointment right? I can see that making sense.

So you're basically saying your close rate (close to sits, not close/leads) is higher for you and your agents when the sit is from an appointment right? I can see that making sense.

Yes. There is a whole different temperature in the room when an agent is there by an expected appointment than by a drive by which is of course an unexpected interruption. The prospect is just a bit more obligated with an appointment. That’s one of the reasons why people are resistant to setting them.

It’s not 100%. Many drive bys end up in a sale. Many set appointments go bad. But as a rule you have a slight edge with an expected appointment over a drop by. And it makes your field day much more productive when you have a whole day stacked. You can’t waste time.

Yes. There is a whole different temperature in the room when an agent is there by an expected appointment than by a drive by which is of course an unexpected interruption. The prospect is just a bit more obligated with an appointment. That’s one of the reasons why people are resistant to setting them.

It’s not 100%. Many drive bys end up in a sale. Many set appointments go bad. But as a rule you have a slight edge with an expected appointment over a drop by. And it makes your field day much more productive when you have a whole day stacked. You can’t waste time.

When you talk about "stacking" your day-- and think about a range from the brand new agent to a capable experienced agent-- and say a system like JD uses -- what are the suggested (start to finish) hours of a "full day" and the range of number appointments you would expect to see the agent have in that "full day", depending on their experience level?

When you talk about "stacking" your day-- and think about a range from the brand new agent to a capable experienced agent-- and say a system like JD uses -- what are the suggested (start to finish) hours of a "full day" and the range of number appointments you would expect to see the agent have in that "full day", depending on their experience level?

Different agent do it different ways. Some start at 8:00am and some start at 9:00. Some agents will have their last set appointment at 5:00 and others go to 9:00. Some set appointments 1-hour apart. Others do 90 minutes apart.

Some agents only want to be in the field one or two days per week so they work extra long days and tight appointments. Others will go in the field three or even four days so they will usually end earlier in the evening.

Back