What is Your Process to Cut the Cord with Leads, Prospects, Etc?

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
I think I am holding on to people for too long...

Do you guys have a process for when you cold call people or someone who is already a prospect or even if after you had a meeting with someone to WALK away after a certain point? Do you give a final call, e-mail or letter letting them know this is your final follow up or do you just keep calling hoping they will eventually get back to you?

I feel like I can send someone a letter and keep calling and calling and sending e-mails and never get anywhere or better yet I can meet with someone explain the product and they express interest and say to call back "friday" to their answer and they never pick up or return my call.

I need to know when to cut the cord.

Do you guys only call X amount of times or send a particular follow up letter or e-mail before you move on? My situation only permits me to work with only a list of 1000 people so it's typically hard to just move on when you feel you will eventually get back to the top of the list and don't want to feel like you scratched everyone off.

Thanks!

Haven't you made a thread explaining your situation with the 1000 people? If you can link that thread again you will be able to get better advice.

One suggestion that may be helpful. Some people have a hard time saying no, so instead they will tell you to call them back later, send them info, etc. If you can't get a commitment for the sale and you are getting the run around, give them an out. Explain to them that some people who really aren't interested or don't need your product sometimes feel it is easier to tell you to call back on Friday or send them some info instead of saying no. If they are in that category, tell them that it is OK, they can just tell you "No Thanks", and we will part on good terms. Then see what they say.

As far as when to cut them lose, I would say as soon as you stop making forward progress. If they don't answer or return your call, turn them lose. If they keep having to think about it, turn them lose. Put them on a follow up for a month, 2 months, whatever. If you have a drip marketing campaign, put them in the system. Sometimes letting a lead sit for a while will improve the circumstance that is preventing them from making a decision.

Back