What Medicare Information Can You Put on Your Website?

The rules for traditional Medicare are more lax than the rules for the Medicare Advantage, part D and the other newer programs.

I don't claim to know the rules, but if you put whatever information you can legally display about traditional Medicare on your site, you should get prospects for both the older and newer policies.

Good advice. The way I read it is that you can't put plan specific info on your website without both carrier and CMS approval. Just leave out plan specific info, and talk about MA plans in general, but be very general.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the advice. I will stay very general on both subjects. I guess if I put something up they dont like I will find out quickly. I'm not going to mention carriers or specifics.

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks for all of the advice. I will stay very general on both subjects. I guess if I put something up they dont like I will find out quickly.

You really should get some specific advice about this from an expert on this subject.

You may want to talk to the carrier you are appointed with to get the guidelines or to get pointed in the right direction.

Misrepresenting the MA products is a federal offense!

I was feeling good about it till that post... I will check with one of my carriers before I go live..
Thanks again

I am thinking of adding information on my insurance website about medicare, medicare supplements, and advantage. I don't want to get in any trouble so I was wondering if someone could lend some advice? I wanted to add medicare information linked to medicare.gov and then general information about supplements and advantage plans.

Do we have guidelines for this as well? Would it have to be approved?

Thanks!

Be bold and grab their attention ! Try something like:

We offer free Medicare health plans that are just like Medicare Supplements but only better because they come with free Medicare Part D and dental benefits !

Today's special - 50.00 cash sign up bonus for the first 10 callers who enroll !

Just kidding...

Keep it simple and keep it very generic. Keep in mind the target audience is different from you. It is amazing how many big companies don't seem to do any usability research before designing there website. There is a lot of information out there like on this subject like this Usability for Senior Citizens (Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox)

Back