What type of attorney?

Stephen55

My daughter has been a driver for a local transportation company for several years. She was told, when using her personal vehicle that the the transportation company would provide her with car insurance. She was in a at fault accident with injuries to the other driver. It's been three weeks and the transportation company owner has not contacted my daughter's personal insurance or responded to the injured driver. What type of attorney should I contact to get the transportation owner to respond. She is afraid of being sued. Thanks.

She was told,

"Told" is the most dangerous word in the English language.

hen using her personal vehicle that the the transportation company would provide her with car insurance.

Did she get anything in writing from her employer verifying that she was covered? Like a certificate of insurance or a policy declaration page or even some written correspondence like an email or memo?

She was in a at fault accident with injuries to the other driver.

She needs to report that to her own personal auto insurance company.

It's been three weeks and the transportation company owner has not contacted my daughter's personal insurance or responded to the injured driver.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

What type of attorney should I contact to get the transportation owner to respond.

An attorney hassling her employer would be a waste of money and probably get her fired.

She is afraid of being sued.

The best protection against getting sued is to report the accident to her own insurance company ASAP.

My daughter has been a driver for a local transportation company for several years. She was told, when using her personal vehicle that the the transportation company would provide her with car insurance. She was in a at fault accident with injuries to the other driver. It's been three weeks and the transportation company owner has not contacted my daughter's personal insurance or responded to the injured driver. What type of attorney should I contact to get the transportation owner to respond. She is afraid of being sued. Thanks.
What do you mean by "transportation" company? Is she transporting goods or people with her personal vehicle for payment or does she work a desk job for a Trucking company but got in an accident picking up the businesses mail at the post office?

She was transporting a person for pay. She saw an attorney Friday for a free 15 minute meeting that turned into 45 minutes. The attorney informed her that worst case would be to file bankruptcy, a service he provides. Thank you all.

She was transporting a person for pay. She saw an attorney Friday for a free 15 minute meeting that turned into 45 minutes. The attorney informed her that worst case would be to file bankruptcy, a service he provides. Thank you all.
Sorry to hear that. Unless she had business auto & business liability insurance to cover her business she was operating, it is likely her personal auto policy will deny any & all claims as they don't cover businesses on personal auto policies unless the company endorses it for the business exposure. This is why taking a taxi service costs so much more than paying a random person to transport them in their personal vehicle.

While bankruptcy is a possibility, some judgements can cause garnishment of future income, etc

Most major carriers have an endorsement for their policy holders that needs to be requested and put into play before accepting the first passenger. In most cases that endorsement puts the carrier on notice that their customer is using their personal vehicle as a taxi service and the endorsement covers the deductible on the taxi service policy (Uber, Lyft). Without the endorsement her normal policy can, and probably will, deny coverage for the commercial use of her vehicle.

Back