What Would Be Good Production for a Single Agent?

So have we decided that the CPA is more beneficial than how many new clients that one wrote? SO if agent A spends $300 a month and writes 5 he is more successful than agent B who spends $500 and writes 6, well at least for the time being.

I appreciate everybody's input I simply figured that it would be considered a number? Going forward I am going to spend about 15k per year and my goal is 150 new a year. For the rest of this year we are going to keep ramping up our marketing to get to 100 for the year, which is successful for me considering what my take home will be. Plus I live in Missouri which means my 150> the guys who live in Cali, beer is much cheaper here.

Well technically, in that scenario, if the average first year commission is $200 they are both netting the same income. If the agent spending $300 writes 6 then yes he is more successful from a net income perspective. Try not to worry about a set number of sales just yet... figure out your close ratio and cpa for each marketing method you are using then apply that to your budget to make a production goal. I think your estimates are accurate assuming your close ratio is solid.

Every one of her apps submitted has been issued except for last week's as it's just month's end. We don't submit UW apps unless we're quite sure they'll get through.

We write everyone we can, though this year's numbers are leaning towards T65 at about 60% and 40% UW over 65. Rarely do we ever do U65 or over 80, but we will if needed.

She was seriously motivated and had sales experience already, but then she entered into an already proven sales process that I teach to my agents, the very best leads, along with sales tools already set up. It's not just one thing, but a combination of factors like any successful business.
Can I work for you? Some killer leads you got there.

But based on the context of your question, the bottom line is simple: The most successful producers, also have the best marketing. End of story.

Sure you can overcome objections and go through all the B.S. "rock star" sales training. But in the end, even a mediocre sales rep can become a top producer with great marketing. And a top producer can suck with junk leads.

But to answer your question, I have a brand new agent who's first full month on the phones was June. We sell Med supps only by phone in multiple states. She submitted 47 med supps her first full month on the phones, and she could have done more but we're changing CRM's and it was a bit clunky. July's goals for her are 65 which we have no doubt she'll hit. A month and a half ago she had no idea what Medicare supplement insurance was and wasn't even licensed. I did train her myself and gave her full support, but I'm only one part of the equation.

She's averaging a close rate of almost 25%. Is she a badass sales person? Yep. Is she driven to succeed? Yep. Could she sell computers and be a top producer for Dell? Yep. But not without leads or people to sell to.

Her leads are the best in the industry. So a great sales person, combined with great leads, usually should result in great outcomes.

Well, those are impressive #'s. but possibly a bit misleading. If she closed 47 aps and has a closing ratio of almost 25%, then she had to have started the month with 190 to 200 leads. That is pretty tough to do unless she was given those leads, or allowed time for leads to generate before she started working her first full month.

My average closing time from first contact to sale is 11 days. Assuming something similar, to generate 47 sales she had to have had those leads within the first two weeks of her first full month.

I agree, more than anything else the number of leads will make or break a salesperson. Obviously, those leads she had are not self generated.

How are you generating your leads? I am not asking for some secret, just a general answer.

So have we decided that the CPA is more beneficial than how many new clients that one wrote? SO if agent A spends $300 a month and writes 5 he is more successful than agent B who spends $500 and writes 6, well at least for the time being. I appreciate everybody's input I simply figured that it would be considered a number? Going forward I am going to spend about 15k per year and my goal is 150 new a year. For the rest of this year we are going to keep ramping up our marketing to get to 100 for the year, which is successful for me considering what my take home will be. Plus I live in Missouri which means my 150> the guys who live in Cali, beer is much cheaper here.

Mathematically, once you hit the net dollar amount you need to live on per month, the more clients you add (even if the cost equals your full advance, breaking even) would be to your benefit.

I will trade full first year commission for a new client all day long. It would be nice to get new clients for $50 a piece but I have yet to master that.

That's a loaded question, and depends on who you ask. I think average numbers are under 5 apps a week, most probably do 3 or less a week. Then once you start getting to 25-30 apps a month, then you start getting in a rhythm and become a stud. Some agents I know have done 40-50 apps in a month, just working t65. It's all on how much skill and training you have, what you say, and how you are saying it. Don't be too hard on yourself, and give yourself time to build that pipeline. ;)

I think I understand your question, but I'd encourage you to define your own definition of success about 1000 times over any response you'd get from here. Not knocking the people on here (not all of them at least) but choose your own definition of success in your career. And the sooner the better.

That being said I do understand you're trying to gauge your progress which is understandable. But the very reason you're asking this question is also the answer.

Any average sales person can sell Medicare products. I don't believe you mentioned which Medicare product you sell....MAPD...supps?

But based on the context of your question, the bottom line is simple: The most successful producers, also have the best marketing. End of story.

Sure you can overcome objections and go through all the B.S. "rock star" sales training. But in the end, even a mediocre sales rep can become a top producer with great marketing. And a top producer can suck with junk leads.

But to answer your question, I have a brand new agent who's first full month on the phones was June. We sell Med supps only by phone in multiple states. She submitted 47 med supps her first full month on the phones, and she could have done more but we're changing CRM's and it was a bit clunky. July's goals for her are 65 which we have no doubt she'll hit. A month and a half ago she had no idea what Medicare supplement insurance was and wasn't even licensed. I did train her myself and gave her full support, but I'm only one part of the equation.

She's averaging a close rate of almost 25%. Is she a badass sales person? Yep. Is she driven to succeed? Yep. Could she sell computers and be a top producer for Dell? Yep. But not without leads or people to sell to.

Her leads are the best in the industry. So a great sales person, combined with great leads, usually should result in great outcomes.

If you're half a decent sales person I'd focus on your marketing more than anything else. Especially locally. Be better than anyone else in your state, or at least be way more visible and especially LIKABLE.

65 sales per month is your agent's goal for July? And she is brand new? I sold 12 in the last month and was thrilled with myself. Now I feel like a loser!

When you say she has access to the "best leads in the industry", would you care to elaborate on that? If these number are true, I tip my hat to you, sir. Very impressive.

Is anyone else out there writing these kind of numbers?

Back