What's the Best Way to Get Final Expense Leads

Stand outside a funeral home with a box full of flyers. Put them on all the car windows and chat up the people going in and coming out. Dressing as an undertaker is optional.
:D

Stand outside a funeral home with a box full of flyers. Put them on all the car windows and chat up the people going in and coming out. Dressing as an undertaker is optional.
:D

Pretty good idea. Better patent that. Some pear shaped marketer might try and steal your idea

Pretty good idea. Better patent that. Some pear shaped marketer might try and steal your idea

Im not pear shaped....oh...you were talking about the other guy :D

----------

Haha, I wonder which pear shaped marketer you could be referring to.:err:

Im not gonna touch that one :D While Im getting a little pear shaped in my late 40's....not quite there yet, more of an apple bottom though LOL:D

It's interesting that DM is such a coveted approach to selling FE. What is a DM piece really? It's just a name, address, and maybe phone and ages of someone replying to a marketing piece, yeah? I can generate that same thing online and have it in the agent's hand much quicker than a DM lead. I'm curious why DM seems to be so effective for FE. I don't dispute that it is...just wondering if it's because agents have been conditioned for so many years to think DM is the best FE lead so they work those harder, I don't know, just thinking out loud here. shoot...any FE agents want to try a free FE lead gen campaign out? PM me and I'll throw some free leads at you and see how they compare to DM. I'd be curious myself but I don't sell FE.

Always willing to try new lead source here. Seems like I've tried them all.

----------

Im not gonna touch that one :D While Im getting a little pear shaped in my late 40's....not quite there yet, more of an apple bottom though LOL:D

I've got a gut...not sure what shape that would be. My 85 year old mom tells me I look like I'm pregnant.:mad:

----------

You are both TOP bananas! :1cool:

Seriously, back to the question.

In my opinion (and my experience) dm for final expense or anything else is not the magic cure for lead generation. It is the most costly and everyone does these mailers. Some recipients make a game of sending in the reply cards.

Using DM? Kramer Direct. Get a 1% to 1.5% response rate is fair but you can also get the entire mailing list with scrubbed phone numbers for a penny a name. The last time I ordered from them and asked for the list, I got 583 names with scrubbed phone numbers. Cost me an additional $5.83. Had to work them in 31 days.

Aged Internet Leads? Aged Lead Store. I never buy leads over 30 days old. Quality of data goes downhill after 30 days.

Mailing Lists? Josh, that guy from Lead Shack. $50/month all you can eat (download)

Warm Market? Don't pitch your friends and family as part of some stupid Project 100:nah:
Let your close circle know what you do, what you offer and how they can help you.

Networking? By all means make yourself known to senior community managers, home health care owners (many are franchises), assisted and independent living facility managers. Don't join the Chamber of Commerce or BNI group. Big waste of time and money sitting in the same room with a bunch of jerks.

Hope this has been helpful.

Im not pear shaped....oh...you were talking about the other guy :D ---------- Im not gonna touch that one :D While Im getting a little pear shaped in my late 40's....not quite there yet, more of an apple bottom though LOL:D

He's gotten so desperate to try to find something to feel superior about that he's now on to body shaming. Ha! At 56 years old I'll take pear shaped. As long as I still look good necked.

Back