What's the Best Way to Get Final Expense Leads

Yeah I am said agent. The first round of leads were awful, slow and all over the place.

Then Kyle made some tweaks. The message folks are responding to is identical to a DM lead.

My setter says they are harder to get a hold of than TM leads. But she was only setting 10-20% of those leads anyway.

For the most part, the clients are the same. The bigger sales do seem to come from the more technologically/financially astute prospects.

The big sale from yesterday was a couple in their 70s. They both went online to get quotes. The wife filled out one of Kyle's submission forms and the husband filled out something for Globe. They also had discussed going to the funeral home and just paying them off in full.

Explained all the options and got the sale. Could have easily been a DM lead prospect. Not a TM though as they are probably on the DNC.

I know JD says our clients don't have computers, and in most cases he's right, but even Obama is giving away smartphones nowadays. These people see these ads when go to Facebook and Google.

I wrote up a lady and her brother last week with SNL (yes EFES has them!). She had DE cards that weren't activated, but they got their money on the meta bank cards.

Had her pull out her brothers policy and it was a mail in company. Can't think of it off the top of my head. Not MoO. Starts with a P...Physician Mutual haha. But that was wrapped up in a FB policy with a couple other ones. All lapsed over the last 5 years. So I'm not holding my breath. But she was a standard FE prospect. Was even in a zip code that I don't mail anymore because it's too ghetto in some places.

These are not going to take the place of DM leads. But they could be a good supplemental source. I ordered another 200ish of them to give them a good spin. I'm already in the black, so if they don't continue to work out, no harm no foul.

I will say this, my setter says they all remember filling out the form and what it was about. I see the same thing when I show up. You still run into the no money prospects.

But...but they are harder to reach. I imagine you would have to do more door knocking, drip email campaigns etc to be very effective with these leads.

I'm not going to do all of that myself. But spending an extra $150 a week to write an extra sale or 4 is fine by me.

----------

You also have to work a pretty large area and you're leads will be all over the place. Especially if you are not working a metro area. I have to throw away a good 10-20% of my leads because they are in areas I don't even work.

If Indy wasn't in my radius, I would def not be using these leads.

----------

You also have to work a pretty large area and you're leads will be all over the place. Especially if you are not working a metro area. I have to throw away a good 10-20% of my leads because they are in areas I don't even work.

Yeah I am said agent. The first round of leads were awful, slow and all over the place.

Then Kyle made some tweaks. The message folks are responding to is identical to a DM lead.

My setter says they are harder to get a hold of than TM leads. But she was only setting 10-20% of those leads anyway.

For the most part, the clients are the same. The bigger sales do seem to come from the more technologically/financially astute prospects.

The big sale from yesterday was a couple in their 70s. They both went online to get quotes. The wife filled out one of Kyle's submission forms and the husband filled out something for Globe. They also had discussed going to the funeral home and just paying them off in full.

Explained all the options and got the sale. Could have easily been a DM lead prospect. Not a TM though as they are probably on the DNC.

I know JD says our clients don't have computers, and in most cases he's right, but even Obama is giving away smartphones nowadays. These people see these ads when go to Facebook and Google.

I wrote up a lady and her brother last week with SNL (yes EFES has them!). She had DE cards that weren't activated, but they got their money on the meta bank cards.

Had her pull out her brothers policy and it was a mail in company. Can't think of it off the top of my head. Not MoO. Starts with a P...Physician Mutual haha. But that was wrapped up in a FB policy with a couple other ones. All lapsed over the last 5 years. So I'm not holding my breath. But she was a standard FE prospect. Was even in a zip code that I don't mail anymore because it's too ghetto in some places.

These are not going to take the place of DM leads. But they could be a good supplemental source. I ordered another 200ish of them to give them a good spin. I'm already in the black, so if they don't continue to work out, no harm no foul.

I will say this, my setter says they all remember filling out the form and what it was about. I see the same thing when I show up. You still run into the no money prospects.

But...but they are harder to reach. I imagine you would have to do more door knocking, drip email campaigns etc to be very effective with these leads.

I'm not going to do all of that myself. But spending an extra $150 a week to write an extra sale or 4 is fine by me.

----------

----------

I don't say our clients don't have computers. I say it's very rare for them to have a computer and that the next one I see with a smart phone will be my first.

That still stands. But I did get my first ever text from a client today.:yes:

I'm glad to see there's another person getting together the Internet leads. Competition is always a good thing!
I suppose the quality of any lead is subjective. And the buyer would certainly have a different opinion than the seller. What makes any lead high quality to me, whether it's internet, TM or DM, is the person has expressed some interest in FE.
The reason I ask is because, as most people know, I'm also working on a FE internet lead. Hope I didn't come across as a smart Alec, haha! Do you know what your lead to sale ratio is? Percentage of people that answer? Percentage of people that no show you? Any info you could provide would be awesome. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post. I have my stats for the first 50 leads & want to compare it to a good agent using DM.

I don't say our clients don't have computers. I say it's very rare for them to have a computer and that the next one I see with a smart phone will be my first. That still stands. But I did get my first ever text from a client today.:yes:

Must be a Kentucky thing. Obamaphone dealers hand out smartphones around here :D:D

I'm glad to see there's another person getting together the Internet leads. Competition is always a good thing! The reason I ask is because, as most people know, I'm also working on a FE internet lead. Hope I didn't come across as a smart Alec, haha! Do you know what your lead to sale ratio is? Percentage of people that answer? Percentage of people that no show you? Any info you could provide would be awesome. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post. I have my stats for the first 50 leads & want to compare it to a good agent using DM.

I don't tack minutia like that. I had 6 appointments scheduled today. Someone asked me how many dials I had to make yesterday to get those 6 appointments. My answer, "enough".:laugh:

I do know that for the last 8 years I've gotten around 700-750 leads per year. I write 300-325 applications per year.

You can do the math on that.

My numbers are far outside the norm so it's not going to help much by comparison.

I don't tack minutia like that. I had 6 appointments scheduled today. Someone asked me how many dials I had to make yesterday to get those 6 appointments. My answer, "enough".:laugh: I do know that for the last 8 years I've gotten around 700-750 leads per year. I write 300-325 applications per year. You can do the math on that. My numbers are far outside the norm so it's not going to help much by comparison.
You sell every other lead? You're right that's no help to me! Lol of course since you been in the biz I'm guessing you get referrals?

You sell every other lead? You're right that's no help to me! Lol of course since you been in the biz I'm guessing you get referrals?

I get quite a few referrals. I don't track the numbers on them either. In fact, I don't track any numbers. Only reason I can tell you how many leads I get in a year is because I'm on a set lead program. I can look at that website and it tells me how many leads I get and have gotten.

Same on the applications. For 5 years I was with EFES. They kept track of applications written. If they hadn't done that I could only guess.

I don't count dials, I don't count how many no shows I have, I don't count contacts or any of that stuff I hear other agents talk about. I do count miles driven because it's a deduction.

I get quite a few referrals. I don't track the numbers on them either. In fact, I don't track any numbers. Only reason I can tell you how many leads I get in a year is because I'm on a set lead program. I can look at that website and it tells me how many leads I get and have gotten. Same on the applications. For 5 years I was with EFES. They kept track of applications written. If they hadn't done that I could only guess. I don't count dials, I don't count how many no shows I have, I don't count contacts or any of that stuff I hear other agents talk about. I do count miles driven because it's a deduction.
Let me ask you, if you were to try out a new lead, how would you know if it's worth it to you vs another lead?

Since about half of these leads are submitted on smartphones it's more likely these people are not sitting at home so here are a couple of things you can do to improve your reach...

1) I am now able to implement form-to-call technology with my lead campaigns so that when a form is submitted it will immediately ring your phone (or your appt-setter's) so that you have the option to instantly connect with that person on the phone right after they fill out the form. Statistically speaking, you have about a 400% better chance of a sale if you reach your prospect within the first few minutes of submitting their information.

2) If you are unable to reach the person by phone then send a text right away saying something like this:

Hey ________, this is Rocky, I just wanted to follow up quickly about your request for information about a state-regulated life insurance program to pay for your final expenses! What's a good time to reach you at this number?

People feel somewhat obligated to reply to text messages.

Back