what's your title?

sbg_ben

Super Genius
Hello,

I am just wondering what everyone has their title listed as. I changed mine from "agent" to "partner". Not a big fan of either. I want to put something on my card that makes it clear that I focus on senior insurance only. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Ben

Mine says licensed agent but that’s what it’s said for years and I never cared about it. I’m pretty sure my clients don’t care what my card says, as long as it has my #

Yeah I can understand that. The only reason I care is because some of the clients I have are clients I bought from my mentor and I haven't met them all face to face. Just trying to make a good impression through my letters and other communications. I've called each one but not all of them have answered

Hello,

I am just wondering what everyone has their title listed as. I changed mine from "agent" to "partner". Not a big fan of either. I want to put something on my card that makes it clear that I focus on senior insurance only. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Ben

This may be my own skepticism but to me the use of “partner” in this situation would turn me off. If you are a salesman, use a term for sales. It seems to me that you have a negative view of sales and are trying to hide behind partner. But, I do understand what you are trying to accomplish. Is there some other title you can use, such as President, VP, Director, Owner, etc.?

Btw, I have been in sales for 35+ years.

My business card says, "Independent Life and health Insurance Agent (Broker)"

Agree with ^ - nothing wrong with being an agent.

Partner sounds too much like an attempt to be warm and fuzzy - it's not like you are helping them pay their premiums... you are selling them insurance.

One of the most successful life insurance agents that I ever knew always told other agents that he trained that he had this super secret elevator pitch that he would use when he met people who were prospects.

It took years and years of practice to hone it and make it "just right."

Ready? Here it is: "I sell life insurance."

That's it.

No need to fancy it all up...

To make it clear that you focus on seniors - just put something on there about Medicare or Senior Insurance or something like that - it doesn't need to be in your "title" per se.

Insurance Professional

Don't overthink it. I was filling out the info for my cards 12 years ago and that came to mind. I've never had anyone comment one way, or the other on it. It really isn't that serious of a topic to get stuck on!

Licensed agent sounds better than all the other suggestions, imo. At least the client can know to look you up in a state licensing database. If you dont have a website that explains your company, I would stay far away from cute titles like partner, founder, owner, etc... it sounds like a fake business card used to pick up chicks or something.

"Homer Simpson, Quarterback"

Back