what's your title?

Licensed agent sounds better than all the other suggestions, imo. At least the client can know to look you up in a state licensing database. If you dont have a website that explains your company, I would stay far away from cute titles like partner, founder, owner, etc... it sounds like a fake business card used to pick up chicks or something.

"Homer Simpson, Quarterback"

I thought I just said not to overthink it. DON"T YOU LISTEN?

In all seriousness, I would agree with your post. I would recommend picking something that says what you are and not skate around the facts. We are insurance agents. We sell insurance. I considered myself a professional 12 years ago at the exact moment that I was buying business cards.

Hence why I put my title Insurance Professional.

Hello,

I am just wondering what everyone has their title listed as. I changed mine from "agent" to "partner". Not a big fan of either. I want to put something on my card that makes it clear that I focus on senior insurance only. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Ben

Ever thought of using the title "Senior Adviser"?

More bang for the buck - your are and adviser to seniors or... you are the senior adviser at your company... ;)

Or, you are just plain "old." :yes:

Personally, I prefer putting my professional designation after my name:

BMFIC

I used to put a family picture on my card when my kids where younger... for young agents dealing with the older for female population this is a great idea... most clients don't care a hoot about your professional designation because they don't understand them... and if they do... well, welcome to the hard sell... or the future difficult client...

I took my family picture off my cards awhile back... started to get these strange looks and people began to asked who was that young guy (me) in the photo... :arghh::laugh:

Are you serious?

Bill is never serious.

Except when he is.

Even then, he is not serious.

The only reason I care is because some of the clients I have are clients I bought from my mentor and I haven't met them all face to face. Just trying to make a good impression through my letters and other communications. I've called each one but not all of them have answered

Try holding the card up to the phone.

I don't think having a business card will help.

They don't recognize your number. They won't pick up.

Everyone has caller ID now.

Sounds like you need to focus on communication skills. If you are leaving a message and they are not calling back, you have a communication problem.

If you are sending a letter, and they are not responding, you have a communication problem.

If you still think you need a business card, and you are dealing with seniors, all that matters is this.

Put your mug on the card. Even if you have a face for radio, put your picture on the card.

Put your name in the center. If your name is Robert but you go by Bob, put Bob.

Put your phone number below your name.

Use large fonts.

If you feel you must have a title, make it descriptive. Medicare Director is nice. You could get more attention than you want if those cards get in circulation.

Medicare Expert is perhaps a better choice.

This assumes your focus is Medicare primarily. If you offer other lines consider General Practitioner.

On second thought, that might not work either.

Unless you have a license to practice medicine.

My self proclaimed title is Grand Poobah.

But don't use that. It's already claimed.

Ever thought of using the title "Senior Adviser"?

If he is catering to the Spanish speaking crowd, that is a good suggestion.

I took my family picture off my cards awhile back... started to get these strange looks and people began to asked who was that young guy (me) in the photo...

When folks look at early family pictures they ask who that skinny guy with lots of dark hair is.

My wife tells them that is the birth father.

Back