When Should You Go to the Consumer Services Bureau?

The problem is if we assume you are covered and you are not it is an exercise in wishful thinking. To this point in time the only information that we have that indicates that you are covered is you telling us you are covered.

lol sure thing sir :yes: :D

I do not have a copy of his policy right now but I know for a fact i'm covered.

Relevant section bold for emphasis.

Again i get your concern but lets just assume you know for a fact im covered (which i am).

That would be a mistake. We never assume, we look at the policy.

Not sure if you guys know this or not, but all family members that share a household with the policy holder are covered automatically under PIP. That is the law in NY so there isn't any doubt about coverage. A lawyer confirmed this for me as well.
Well, since you do not have a copy of the policy, and it was allegedly a commercial livery policy held by a third party, and you were in another state on personal business riding in a vehicle operated by yet another party, it might not be a bad idea to read the policy to see where the coverage (if any) ends.

If "a lawyer" confirmed this for you, why haven't you hired them?

PIP insurance doesnt just protect drivers in NY. You can be a non-driver who gets hit by a car and still get the coverage. I've spoken to numerous people and they have confirmed the insurance company is playing games and not being fair.
Absent a copy of the policy, and since it was allegedly a commercial livery policy held by a third party, and you were in another state on personal business riding in a vehicle operated by yet another party, it might not be a bad idea to read the policy to see where the coverage (if any) ends.

instead of pretending like i dont coverage, u guys could be more supportive of someone who has coverage .....

If you dont care to help or dont believe i have coverage, dont bother replying to someone if you think they are lying.

1. We do not know that you have coverage (and we would not until the policy is provided or quoted). There is no pretending that you are or are not covered until there is a policy.

2. Nobody has accused you of lying. There is obviously some confusion and misunderstanding surrounding this loss, and all anyone has done to cast any doubt at all on your assertions that you are being treated unfairly is to request some of the policy language to determine if you are indeed being treated unfairly and to provide a little guidance and direction based on what the policy language says.

I already have showen attorneys my case and evidence they all agree this is a bad faith case. I am covered like ive said many times before.....
Then why have you not hired them? And how do they know enough to make a judgement if they have not seen the policy, which you do not have a copy of?

I have not hired yet because i'm looking at lawyer profiles....
Yeah. Probably has nothing to do with the fact you have not provided them with a copy of the policy. Attorneys are not really big on "trust me, I am covered" as a platform either.

SMH again, If YOU would just answer peoples question instead of saying "are u covered? are u sure? read ur policy again? are u covered?", your advice would be taken more seriously......

Like ive said, i was denied saying my policy isnt the primary one responsible, not that im not covered.
If you actually had a copy of the policy, and could tell us why you believe that you are covered, your assertions that you have coverage in place may carry a little more weight.

And in another thread:
lol trust me i have the coverage!!! I wasnt denied because i had no coverage
So they sent you a letter that said "yeah, you have coverage in place, but we think that some totally unrelated and uninvolved party should have to pay for the loss, so we are denying your claim"?

If you have not noticed a recurring theme here, let me spell it out clearly:
If you wish to come onto a form of insurance industry professionals and speak on the matter of coverage, you should be prepared to discuss the information that they request at length if you want a good answer. This certainly includes being able to tell us what your policy says (even form numbers make a world of difference.. we can look them up ourselves). You can scream from the rooftops that you have coverage and are being unfairly treated by your insurance carrier, but absent that critical information, and given your complete refusal to actually discuss the policy itself (which is what includes and excludes coverage for any situation), you will probably not walk away from this forum reaping any of the benefits of thousands of years of combined industry knowledge that you otherwise would, if you were to answer the question that has been asked dozens of times already.

Get a copy of the policy and come back, and maybe we can help you. Doing anything less is just trolling the forums.

Acclerated you did a great job of summing this thing up. I am still not convinced that NY86 is not a troll. He has consistently failed to provide any policy language, name of the company, etc.

Last edited:
Maybe you'll get them to settle just to get you off their back but if your relative with the commercial policy misrepresented something on the policy (like failing to mention you would be operating his taxi in another state) then I don't believe there is coverage and you won't get squat. You're better off suing your relative or something.

This sounds like a huge mess to me. I agree it makes no sense to file on your brothers policy. Remember that If you are not satisfied with your claims and can't get the answers from anyone you always have your state insurance commissioners office they are there to help all partied when it come to things like this. Have you contacted the commissioners office. that might be easier to get to the bottom of what is covered by who.

This sounds like a huge mess to me. I agree it makes no sense to file on your brothers policy. Remember that If you are not satisfied with your claims and can't get the answers from anyone you always have your state insurance commissioners office they are there to help all partied when it come to things like this. Have you contacted the commissioners office. that might be easier to get to the bottom of what is covered by who.

The CFB more or less is the commissioners office.

Update

My dad's insurance company has decided it will pay my medical bills.

My brother's policy provided a denial letter showing they are not responsible for the bills.

Thank you all for your help.

Last edited:
Update

My dad's insurance company has decided it will pay my medical bills.

My brother's policy provided a denial letter showing they are not responsible for the bills.

Thank you all for your help.

You don't say? The "stupid documents" got the claim paid?

Good stuff!

Back