Where Do We Go from Here? POLL

Where do we go from here? POLL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our system is no where close to socialized...

You don't fully understand Medicare I take it? The government sets that cost at which services can be rendered and what services are covered. They also impose a fine for not taking out a plan D at the appropriate time. Once in a Advantage plan, you must have "cause" and be "allowed" to disenroll if it is not with in the government established time frame.

I'd love to discuss intelligent proposals.

Here's one for you... why don't we pass a healthcare bill on fully partisan lines and then when we are done we all sit down and take a look to see what in side. Is that the logical discussion you where hoping to have with me on an intelligent level.

And if you wish... you can add to this being forced by our "not yet fully" socialized system being made to pay for abortions. But of course, that is only a "logical" solution to a problem.

Solutions to this issue where best found in the market place and not the capitol. Those guys can't balance a budget but yet we some how think they can fix health care...

Kinda like the tax cut isn't working...

I see single payer within a few years. The republitards don't have the nads nor the votes to actually repeal. They're more concerned about keeping their majority than doing what's right for us.

Rick
Healthcare reform is hard because of a lack of imagination in congress but single payer is not the solution. There is a new book that proffers some unique solution that i really recommend.
It's titled "On the Principles of Social Gravity" by Tobore Tobore. Read the second chapter where healthcare is discussed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1622...236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=social+gravity

@Hawk,
You seem to think things weren't screwed up up before. All the apps I ever sent up were clean and sailed through underwriting with none getting declined. Commission was where it should rightly be and life was lovely. There were no other problems in the system and I didn't pay for the deadbeats that wouldn't buy insurance by having my premiums go up to compensate the providers or the write offs. There wasn't a constant 10% rate increase every year for the last 30 years.

There ain't a free market paying for healthcare as long as we pay for it with insurance. Wadn't before, ain't now, ain't never gonna be. Must be the Commies fault cause the free market don't cause no abbbberations.

Figer out how to keep little boys from knocking up little girls and you won't pay for abortions. Alternatively, pay fer ther welfare babies or little mama's funeral after botched abortion. Your choice.

Yep, it must again be the Commies that only let people move out of the Advantage plans during AEP. Carriers had nothing to do with not wanting to suck down more adverse selection claims.

@pahealth, TN commission dropped to $0 then the Blues took the rural counties leaving the Metro counties to Cigna & Humana also at $0 commission. Anyone that wrote business in Metro counties lost it at the change. ** happens, things change life goes on.

@Hawk,
You seem to think things weren't screwed up up before. All the apps I ever sent up were clean and sailed through underwriting with none getting declined. Commission was where it should rightly be and life was lovely. There were no other problems in the system and I didn't pay for the deadbeats that wouldn't buy insurance by having my premiums go up to compensate the providers or the write offs. There wasn't a constant 10% rate increase every year for the last 30 years.

There ain't a free market paying for healthcare as long as we pay for it with insurance. Wadn't before, ain't now, ain't never gonna be. Must be the Commies fault cause the free market don't cause no abbbberations.

Figer out how to keep little boys from knocking up little girls and you won't pay for abortions. Alternatively, pay fer ther welfare babies or little mama's funeral after botched abortion. Your choice.

Yep, it must again be the Commies that only let people move out of the Advantage plans during AEP. Carriers had nothing to do with not wanting to suck down more adverse selection claims.

@pahealth, TN commission dropped to $0 then the Blues took the rural counties leaving the Metro counties to Cigna & Humana also at $0 commission. Anyone that wrote business in Metro counties lost it at the change. ** happens, things change life goes on.

I hear ya on the Blues, my wife had been no 1 agent on IFP with Independence Blue Cross Phila for 10 years and whammo they just stop paying for any new business submitted. Cost us thousands in comm each month. Good news is for 2018 they started paying again which tells me their making $$$. IFP will come back but for now its full steam ahead on Small Group and Medicare.

Cheers

Some of us are still making pretty good money in the IFP market

And those numbers are rapidly shrinking.

“It's the Wild West out here, and companies are doing what they can to survive,” Nolan said. “They're not paying commissions on platinum plans, and they are not paying them for special enrollment plans which cover some of the sickest patients.”

Between 2015 and 2017, there's been a nearly 35% drop in the number of registered brokers for HealthCare.gov, according to data from the CMS. The number dropped from more than 103,000 to just over 67,000.
Thousands of brokers exit HealthCare.gov as plan commissions go unpaid

Back