Why and When Cold Calling Works ?

Re: Why and when Ccold Calling Works

Or unless you work for Bankers life and casualty.

On two occasions now Ive had clients tell me that their med supp is $40 more a month because they have better coverage for people with cancer. I looked at the info that was left with the client and assured her that their F plan is exactly the same as any other F plan.

Some agents...:no:

And some wonder why we have the reputation we do. Agents like that should have their bag... Oh well.

Your intention should be to cold call for med supps if you are marketing over 65. If someone is on a MAPD plan, you can only find out what plan they have.

I myself only work the t65 crowd so I cold call with the intent to explain what Medicare covers and see if they need/want additional coverage

When you guys are cold calling are you asking for a appointment or are you just trying to get there renewal date and call then at a later time???

Definitely to either get the appointment or to make the sale. There is no logical reason to get their renewal date because almost all seniors pay monthly.

You are 100% correct unless you are selling Med Supps. The only logical way to make the presentation is based on price since all plans are standardized.

If one does not sell Med Supps based on price they will "die". I save everyone I sell to money, if I can't save them money then I do not expect to make the sale.

Agents can talk about ratings and a host of other things but ultimately it comes down to "price". Seniors will not pay more for the same thing they currently have.

Just my thoughts.

I believe there is a bit more than price. A large company in my area sales on price, usually 30 or 40 dollars a month lest then us other guys. Problem is, they also have 20 to as high as 40% increases year to year, starting with the second year.

My year to year has increased only 5 to 6% over the last 16 years. Like the old Quaker state oil commercial said, Pay me now or pay for it with them later. Well that's not quite the quote but it works. I can show how the first 5 years yes they save money with brand y. After that we save money every year they keep our policy.

If the senior plans on living another 10 years or so guess which is cheaper over the life of the supplement? I like our way, just seems more honest in my opinion.

I believe there is a bit more than price. A large company in my area sales on price, usually 30 or 40 dollars a month lest then us other guys. Problem is, they also have 20 to as high as 40% increases year to year, starting with the second year.

My year to year has increased only 5 to 6% over the last 16 years. Like the old Quaker state oil commercial said, Pay me now or pay for it with them later. Well that's not quite the quote but it works. I can show how the first 5 years yes they save money with brand y. After that we save money every year they keep our policy.

If the senior plans on living another 10 years or so guess which is cheaper over the life of the supplement? I like our way, just seems more honest in my opinion.
Show me a plan in Indiana that has been around 10 years and is not way over priced. I rarely find any senior that has a med Supp that long... Except the lady I had an appt with today. She had Reserve National since 1998. Her plan C was costing her $280 a month. Mutuals F was $140. This does not help prove your point. Although I am sure mutual will go up pretty high I will then sell her the next cheapest policy. My clients always save until there health fails. Luckily I have a place for them too. :)

So which are you selling, united American or physicians mutual? I can't believe there are still agents out there like this.

Renewals are practically gone after 6 years. You get nothing and clients pay twice what mutual of omaha; gerber etc is costing. Yeah that's a win win for sure.

Latest posts

Back