Why are most insurance agents politically conservative?

Which side of the political spectrum do you lean towards?

• Far right (Ultra conservative)

• Mid right (Conservative)

• Centrist (Maybe a little left or right but mostly centered)

• Mid left (Liberal)

• Far left (Ultra Liberal)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I get the feeling that Latino's were largely democrat, but it seems to be shifting. That's a general feeling I get, but I could be wrong. I was very surprised at how many Latinos I heard about (and knew personally) that were voting for Trump last election.

Is that just me?

Definitely. Especially the younger families and Veterans. They are not, for the most part, hard Right but definitely not Left.

Like Blacks, Latinos got tired of the election year pandering. That and like Blacks we are not a monolithic group.

I'm curious to see how much the old adage holds up over the next few decades "If a person is not a liberal when he is twenty, he has no heart; if he is not a conservative when he is forty, he has no head."

It will, and I'm sure of it for a very specific reason. Young people are being lied to about the world in an organized fashion. People who go into/stay in sales, in particular, will absolutely realize they've been lied to. This will inevitably affect their political beliefs in a way that moves them well to the right of where they started. Commission is a reality slap that makes people more conservative...it just is.

If most agents are conservative, I don't think they are simply because of their age. They became adults when conservativism was still a viable ideology. These days, the party of conserving culture, family values, fiscal responsibility, etc. is marred by retaliatory antics, bullying, and conspiracy theory nonsense. Strange times we're living in.

I think you're a nice guy, but you can't really believe that. The left's entire worldview and modus operandi is currently conspiracy theory and bullying. Literally.

Yes, there is some retaliatory stuff going on on the right, but that's to be expected when their opposition deliberately provokes them for the purpose of politicizing their reaction. Once people on the right start to understand this and strategize accordingly, the D's are completely impotent.

Definitely. Especially the younger families and Veterans. They are not, for the most part, hard Right but definitely not Left.

Like Blacks, Latinos got tired of the election year pandering. That and like Blacks we are not a monolithic group.

I have a friend of mine that I hike with regularly. He is an immigrant from El Salvador. He identifies himself as brown. However, every time he does that, I walk over, grab his arm, put it next to mine to show him I am browner than him, which is kinda funny because I'm French, Irish and Czech, but I tan well because of the French. I'm the white one, but I'm browner than him, lol.

Anyways, he hates the term white priveledge. Beyond hates it. He finds it so insulting. He came to this country, worked his tail off, started a business, and did very well for himself. Every time he hears that term he feels like he is being told he can't do something, or he his less than because he isn't white. Man, the Dem's lost a vote (and a donor) when they pissed him off with that one. Personally, I'm not a big fan of that racist term either.

The Democrat party used to be about the people, now the party is about The Party.
Exactly how many Republicans called out Trump over his fake stolen election claims? How many wanted to but didn't want to hurt their own chances for reelection by offending Trump voters? It's not even about Party, it's about personal gain.

I am browner than him

Yeah, but my ass is brown as well as my arms.:1smile:. OK, a lighter shade of brown.

he feels like he is being told he can't do something, or he his less than because he isn't white.

I get it. No victims.
Don't get me wrong, I grew up knowing there was a difference. But there was also a difference with the kids who had a father at home or money for school clothes. Just meant I had to work a little harder to be better than the competition.

Last edited:
Back