Why are most insurance agents politically conservative?

Which side of the political spectrum do you lean towards?

• Far right (Ultra conservative)

• Mid right (Conservative)

• Centrist (Maybe a little left or right but mostly centered)

• Mid left (Liberal)

• Far left (Ultra Liberal)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Young Republicans burning buildings and looting stores during the "close down" of 2020

May be before your time, but SDS was "big" when I was in college.

Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) was a national student activist organization in the United States during the 1960s, and was one of the principal representations of the New Left.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Students_for_a_Democratic_Society

I teach college students and post college singles at my church. The junk they have to wade through to get to an education is amazing. When I reference historical happenings or time lines, I far too often see how little of our own heritage they are aware of.

Exhibit A . . .

Sniffing girls hair, storing classified documents at an unsecure location without permission, and picking a VP based on race and gender are all unethical and illegal, but I don't know if I'd call him a crook. But I guess you have a point, Joe Biden has committed several crimes. The hair sniffing is definitely the creepiest.
10% for the Big Guy = a Crook. :yes:

I was reading a scholarly article about health issues most often affecting women and was surprised to see the phrase "born female or assigned female at birth".

How did things get so wacky?

Another article mentioned the "trans" phenomena now includes "transracial" implying you can change the color of your skin at will . . . and "transdisabled" which included references to those who not only buy/rent a wheelchair so the can "identify" with disabled people but some ask for amputations. I doubt any doctor would comply with the request and remove a healthy limb but that does not mean they won't self amputate.
Tucker had a fat white guy on his show a couple of years ago at the beginning of this nonsense. He was identifying as a Korean woman.

Transdisabled, hadn't heard of that one. So if a healthy person parks in a handicapped parking space, they can say they identify as transdisabled. All of this idiocy has to stop!!! It should've been nipped in the bud. :mad::yes:

Transdisabled is something I was made aware of a few days ago. At first I thought it was just being selfish . . . parking in handicapped spots, demanding a wheel chair in the airport, etc.

But then . . .

Transableism is a newer term for BIID, or “Body Integrity Identity Disorder,” in which a person actually “identifies” as handicapped.

BIID has been relabeled to transableism to align with today’s trans community, according to some.

The point of “changing the identifier” from a psychiatric condition (BIID) to an advocacy term (transableism) is to “harness the stunning cultural power of gender ideology” to the cause of allowing doctors to “treat” BIID patients by “amputating healthy limbs, snipping spinal cords or destroying eyesight,”
https://nypost.com/2023/04/29/transabled-people-choosing-to-identify-as-handicapped/

Crazy . . .

I was reading a scholarly article about health issues most often affecting women and was surprised to see the phrase "born female or assigned female at birth".

How did things get so wacky?

Another article mentioned the "trans" phenomena now includes "transracial" implying you can change the color of your skin at will . . . and "transdisabled" which included references to those who not only buy/rent a wheelchair so the can "identify" with disabled people but some ask for amputations. I doubt any doctor would comply with the request and remove a healthy limb but that does not mean they won't self amputate.

Another article mentioned the "trans" phenomena now includes "transracial" implying you can change the color of your skin at will

SUFBYzJBdi5wbmc

May be before your time, but SDS was "big" when I was in college.

Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) was a national student activist organization in the United States during the 1960s, and was one of the principal representations of the New Left.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Students_for_a_Democratic_Society

Exhibit A . . .

That scared my brain... and guess what... they willbe the ones to make decisions about your Healthcare.

Does this concern anyone? I mean, keeping you around and spending money might, "force them into poverty ".

@somarco your so selfish!!! :skeptical:

I think I see what you're getting at here. Is it that young people are being sold an extremely pessimistic outlook of their future, if they even have a future? That they're being screwed over in every aspect of their lives by the oppressive ruling class?

To the first one, no, the opposite. They're being told oppression is the organizing principle of society and that if they rage hard enough against everything all problems will cease, and that this victory is inevitable. Communism, essentially.

To the second, yes, see above.

The doomer thing is definitely depressing - and exaggerated for effect. But at its core, it's not completely farfetched. I suppose this generation's likelihood of shifting right with age depends on the degree to which these trends manifest.

No, it doesn't. It's not possible for a generation to go through an entire childhood/young adulthood of communist indoctrination, then live in the grown up world without tons of them realizing they've been duped. They're literally being taught an upside-down view of the world, there's no way reality doesn't sink in.

Regardless of if/when they manifest enough to create a major upheaval, part of the lie they are being sold is to blame a single class of people, right?

No. That's old communism. Modern communism has them blaming a different "class" of people for every aspect of society. Economics = employers. Race = white people. Sex = men. Sexuality = "normal" people. And on and on.

Tell me if I'm off base here, but I could see where the sales experience might solidify left-leaning views as well.

You're off base. You're not even in the stadium. Show me someone who has stayed in commissioned sales who believes bonuses should go to the lowest producers.

Ideally it's a merit-based, hustle-based pursuit. Risk+effort=reward. We both know there's more to it than that.

Sure there's more. Some people have personal connections that give them tons of sales. Some people are naturally better at talking to/influencing people. Some people get preferential treatment from management. Etc.

Sales teaches you that none of that matters. If you don't accept that life isn't fair, you don't stay in sales.

I think you're probably a nice guy too. I can tell you're definitely a smart guy. And I'll say again, I appreciate an educated and thoughtful perspective from "across the aisle." I think it's important in sales and marketing, and especially life in general to try to understand a variety of worldviews.

Do you think young people are being taught to understand a variety of worldviews?

That said, yeah. I believe the GOP has become more extreme than the left in the last twenty years. Far more ghouls on the right, no? Both sides have alienated a significant part of the populace though. There it is, the both-sidesism.

I can't even take this seriously. We're looking at 2 trees, one 3 feet tall and the other 20 feet tall and you're telling me you believe the 3 foot one is taller. I don't know what to do with that other than to tell you to examine your biases because they're literally distorting your thought that much.

Back