• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Why Don't You Cold Call?

Why Don't You Cold Call?

• No good script

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • No good list

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too busy

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I do cold call

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never got the fear thing. Whats the worst thing that could happen? No? It was the boredom and monotonous script that was a bigger drain.

I agree, it is the boredom factor for me. I am thinking of giving the cold door knock thing a try, if nothing else I can get out of the house and get a little exercise. :nah:

I still battle Reardon's response to this day. I was also taught to be polite, respectful, and not to bother people. I think that will be a battle for me until my last day in sales. Too bad there is not a switch to turn it off. It almost put me out of business in the beginning.

Good post. How did you get around it

When i worked on the wholesale life side, they kept a whiteboard near the employee entrance to show the support staff how all the sales people like me were doing as support staff received bonus based on our production....and had the right to ask us what we were up to...

sometimes having another agent to work with and create friendly contests against each other can give you motivation to pick up the phone and make the calls.

I'll also add this.

Referring to door-knocking leads -- I was EXTREMELY nervous thinking about actually doing it. But, as some of you know, when you got to put food on the table, you'll do about anything.

When I saw my EFES manager do it during training, I realized how EASY it was. That TRAINING built my confidence up seeing him doing it -- and there was no way I could tell myself I couldn't do it after that!

...I've always thought if I actually saw someone DOING the cold-calling in person, and watching/listening to how it goes, I figure it would break the mental block I have about it.

When I saw my EFES manager do it during training, I realized how EASY it was. That TRAINING built my confidence up seeing him doing it -- and there was no way I could tell myself I couldn't do it after that!

This is precisely why it's so critical to have a good manager, especially when you're new. Seeing it done in person, instead of from a book or a video, makes all the difference.

I tell newbies to interview the manager as much as they're interviewing you.

With caller ID and blocks, it's too easy to screen calls and hang up on callers. Personally, I don't pick up a call, unless the number is from a list in RingCentral. I let it go to voice mail, listen to it, then delete it, if it's not from a carrier or someone I met networking.

The main reason is cold calling, although very inexpensive, is the least effective way to get new business and has the lowest close percentages...

The main reason is cold calling, although very inexpensive, is the least effective way to get new business and has the lowest close percentages...

What would you say is the most effective way to generate business with the highest closing percentage?

Back