Why is There So Much Hate About Lincoln Heritage?

Many Life Insurance agents do not respect 'FE' agents in general. I didn't before I found this forum. For good reason.

When this forum first started it was definitely a traditional life and health insurance agent forum. There were no FE agents on here at all. When I arrived and started discussing FE hard and heavy I was definitely the odd man out. And not a real agent selling real insurance.

One of my early posts was about creating rate calculators with spreadsheets that would give quick rate comparisons on the fly. (This was several years before Adam invented FEXQuotes). And that discussion was greeted with “Yikes! What are you trying to do? Turn life insurance into an impulse buy?”

They did get in my head a bit and I went and interviewed with New York Life and Northwestern Mutual. But I could see the sales approach (working a hot 100 list) was nothing I would be interested in and I couldn’t afford the cut in pay anyway.

There are still traditional life agents that thumb their nose at FE guys. There are still a lot of them that don’t even know we exist. But we have come a long way. I think it’s safe to say we are mainstream now.

When this forum first started it was definitely a traditional life and health insurance agent forum. There were no FE agents on here at all. When I arrived and started discussing FE hard and heavy I was definitely the odd man out. And not a real agent selling real insurance.

One of my early posts was about creating rate calculators with spreadsheets that would give quick rate comparisons on the fly. (This was several years before Adam invented FEXQuotes). And that discussion was greeted with “Yikes! What are you trying to do? Turn life insurance into an impulse buy?”

They did get in my head a bit and I went and interviewed with New York Life and Northwestern Mutual. But I could see the sales approach (working a hot 100 list) was nothing I would be interested in and I couldn’t afford the cut in pay anyway.

There are still traditional life agents that thumb their nose at FE guys. There are still a lot of them that don’t even know we exist. But we have come a long way. I think it’s safe to say we are mainstream now.
I tend to refer to some products such as FE and Cancer as true salesman products. It does not take a great deal of time to learn the product but you if you are to be successful you spend a great deal of time studying the sales process and the clientele. A good FE agent is probably bored to death with putting piles of spreadsheets for a presentation. He or she would probably much prefer to spend that time speaking with a prospect. And, in the end they serve a market that is in need of an insurance agent's services every bit as much as that company CEO .

You won't find much love for LH on this forum. Primarily because most of us here have been in the business for quite some time and have found from experience that there are better options available.

The key in my statement is "experience". I made my bones at a captive shop back in 2004, and while LH isn't technically captive, it is certainly "captive esque".

You do have to learn somewhere though.....

A good FE agent is probably bored to death with putting piles of spreadsheets for a presentation.

Can you imagine the head hurt after spending a couple of hours working out a long term plan for a client and then have them pull out the last minute? :arghh::wacko:

I don't need the extra blood pressure. Give me the cats and bed bugs! ;)

Can you imagine the head hurt after spending a couple of hours working out a long term plan for a client and then have them pull out the last minute? :arghh::wacko:

I don't need the extra blood pressure. Give me the cats and bed bugs! ;)
Or say, "We need to study this for a few days" and then tell you later, "We appreciate you putting this together for us. The comptrollers brother-in-law is in the insurance business and he implemented it for us":... :mad::yes:

One of my early posts was about creating rate calculators with spreadsheets that would give quick rate comparisons on the fly. (This was several years before Adam invented FEXQuotes)

I remember discussions about quoters. Bob, told me about the forum. I was all in with Compulife back then. I believe I sent him Oxford and several other "FE" companies I used. But there was nothing else out there.

I went back to my first post trying to find where I said I was was one of those Life agents that though all FE guys smelled of cigarettes, had stained ties and scuffed up shoes. Until coming to this forum all I had ever run across were the slime balls twisting and churning little old ladies policies for a saving of $3.

Professional FE guys were the Unicorns.

I remember discussions about quoters. Bob, told me about the forum. I was all in with Compulife back then. I believe I sent him Oxford and several other "FE" companies I used. But there was nothing else out there.

I went back to my first post trying to find where I said I was was one of those Life agents that though all FE guys smelled of cigarettes, had stained ties and scuffed up shoes. Until coming to this forum all I had ever run across were the slime balls twisting and churning little old ladies policies for a saving of $3.

Professional FE guys were the Unicorns.
A man running around in short pants., sneakers and a Polo was criticizing FE guy's dress? :elvis:

Back