Why use Transamerica...

I write for these guys... but I am no big fan. Terrible agent service, slow to pay and the e-app keeps crashing right in the middle of the process.

Given even a slightly better option I quickly bail and use another carrier.

I write for these guys... but I am no big fan. Terrible agent service, slow to pay and the e-app keeps crashing right in the middle of the process.

Are they your primary company? Are you Independent or primary to one agency?

Terrible agent service, slow to pay and the e-app keeps crashing right in the middle of the process.

I hope this doesn't come across wrong, or harm any long term aspirations you might have, but I don't foresee them hiring you for their advertising or testimonial. .,.......LOL

Ive been an independent broker for many years. Transamerica can be good in some situations, but its a pain to get them to take action on certain issues. Ive noticed unacceptable delays, long hold times, failures to respond to certain calls & emails etc.

Yup!

I got recontracted with them for two cases. One was a BiPolar larger girl. The other was Because I was stacking 4 policies and some health and build issues and we had maxed out three other companies.

Faxed on 7Feb
Faxed again 19Feb
Faxed again 22Feb
Emailed apps 23Feb
Faxed again 28Feb
Both approved today. I have no idea which of the 5 apps they approved.

Both issued as applied, so really a Love-Hate thing.

Yup!

I got recontracted with them for two cases. One was a BiPolar larger girl. The other was Because I was stacking 4 policies and some health and build issues and we had maxed out three other companies.

Faxed on 7Feb
Faxed again 19Feb
Faxed again 22Feb
Emailed apps 23Feb
Faxed again 28Feb
Both approved today. I have no idea which of the 5 apps they approved.

Both issued as applied, so really a Love-Hate thing.

Trans has one of the strictest height/weight tables in fe now .

It’s really a disaster that the insured,payor can’t update the payment information for DE cards over the phone. It’s next to impossible for them to fill out the payment form,tokenize the card.Trans sends out a card expiration notice,that’s it.
I try to call them or go by there to help but many times they have changed numbers,moved.
Today,I called CS and the announced hold time was 3 hours.
Unacceptable and horrible for conservation and regular CS issues
They are a necessary evil for:
COPD T day 1 coverage
DE Cards that are billed correctly
Certain meds preferred that are considered maintenance that are rated elsewhere

Using them is even in these situations is even borderline unprofessional……placing our people with them but in most cases better than leaving the house with nothing since they do pay the death benefit if everything checks out.

I wrote quite a bit of business with them my first few years in the business along with Settlers.
I am getting calls from policyholders that cannot get any customer service from either company.

Back