Why use you?

"You won't be there long, huh?"

LOL. Nope. Just 26 years!!!

And Met GA business is your focus?
I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, if you've been there 26 yrs its almost impossible to even think about going out on your own. Where would your renewals go? After 26 yrs, what happens if you don't make enough GDC's? You get fired just like a newb.

And Met GA business is your focus?
I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, if you've been there 26 yrs its almost impossible to even think about going out on your own. Where would your renewals go? After 26 yrs, what happens if you don't make enough GDC's? You get fired just like a newb.

Hardly frustrated. Between stock grants, tremendous benefits, large defined pension, matching 401K, and "Key Broker" status with the health insurance carriers...well, you get the picture. Renewals stay with me and GDC production includes GA business. It has worked out quite well for me. For those others that left...many have gone on to have very successful careers on their own. I'm happy for them. It's always nice to share notes.

Obviously, you're the one who is frustrated and quite ill-informed.

May I suggest you take this hissy fit to a "Private Message" status and spare the Board of uneeded diatribe. Let's get back to the original topic.

There are two, and only two, things you must know about us.

We are honest.
We know the insurance business.

We will tell you what no other agency will tell you, but which you already know. The entire healthcare system is broken... and you can't fix it and we can't fix it. The best we can do is "mitigate" it."

al3, very cool. I like it. :yes:

Hardly frustrated. Between stock grants, tremendous benefits, large defined pension, matching 401K, and "Key Broker" status with the health insurance carriers...well, you get the picture. Renewals stay with me and GDC production includes GA business. It has worked out quite well for me. For those others that left...many have gone on to have very successful careers on their own. I'm happy for them. It's always nice to share notes.

Very true. Most any of the captive outfits release you from your captivity, at least to a point, after some time. And the retirement benefits are a mighty nice perk.

I also tell all my prospects that it's at least a day for me to get back to them with quotes and recommendations. Not only does that let them know you're putting in a lot of effort it also gives you a chance to do a thorough pre-screen with your insurance companies to find out about pre-ex conditions and properly rate the quotes or let the client know about any potential riders.

When underwriting is an issue I also tell them I'll show them offers from 2 or three companies. That way it's not a "yes or no" to a 25% rate increase - it's choosing the offer. Ex:

"Ok Tim, if you check your email you'll see that since you're on two medications, are slightly overweight and have high blood pressure that Company A will do "this" to you, company B will do "that" and company C will decline."

That's a great way for near 100% placement.

John that is a fantastic tactic. I do something very similar, but with med supps and premium rates. Also I didn't get to read everyone's responses, but one that I always like to use is:

"We represent every company that's available to you in the state of Florida; if you've ever had a question about say... <name drop companies they've heard of and that are very expensive> now would be the time to ask." Then I quickly add "We don't however reccommend those expensive companies because they charge a lot more fo the exact same coverage as Company X"

Followed by something like:

"What we look for in a company is one that is highly rated, goes up reasonably, and gives you the most value. The most coverage for the cheapest amount of price, if you will. Then we make our reccomendations accordingly."

This works very well for me because it lets them feel like they are in control of their decision (all I do is present options). They also listen to my reccomendation every time, and I feel great about giving them the most value.

Back