Windows Vista

Wimdows Vista sucks!

I use a Mac Mini with 1GB RAM hooked up to an old Samsung SyncMaster 172N LCD monitor and an old USB keyboard and an old USB mouse and two VERY OLD (like 1998) Altec desk speakers. I have a fairly new HP 3180 All-In-One printer, copier, scanner (which I hate because it drinks ink like a college student at a free-beer bash!)

Everything works all the time.... and I don't have to run any anti-malware programs (or keep them updated.) And with the $80 Parallels program and an ancient copy of XP I can easily run Windoze for anything that only runs on MS... like Frank's program (which I don't run... I prefer using my own database (MySQL)... but am looking at www.freecrm.com.)

I spent 30 years in the computer industry and still keep up with it via the magazines like ComputerWorld, InfoWorld, etc. I've yet to hear one... just one... knowlegable person in the biz write a rave... or even mostly-positive review of Vista. I have not personally seen Vista so I'm not making a judgement... just reporting what I've seen out there in the trade.

All I know is that as a general business tool, the Mac OS-X and all the software that comes with it or is available for it (www.versiontracker.com) works for my small insurance company.

YMMV.

Al
www.insurancesolutions123.com

My new laptop has Vista and the only positive difference between Vista and xp is the much improved graphics. Everything else is negative or neutral.
Also, if you want to run Vista and have a lot of programs running at once, it is not a bad idea to have 2gb of Ram.

Recently Walter Mossberg, the Wall Street Journal computer guru, wrote a critique of Windows Vista. He gave it very lukewarm praise, especially for graphics and some improvements over XP, but overall he still believes XP is better.

The bridge of the
U.S.S. INSURANCE

USSInsurance.jpg

...still can't keep up with al3's miniMac! :goofy:

Back