Winning MAPD Business ?

All Ive ever been asked is "do I pay anything" and I say no the company pays me--and if you'd rather use the 800 number you save nothing.

I've done it on a very limited basis. If they client mentions that someone signed them up and they haven't heard from them since and seems frustrated by that or if they ask outright. I never bring it up to them unless prompted by them. Had one couple that was referred to me by a family member. The agent who signed them up actually told them that his only job was to make sure that their application was received and processed correctly by the carrier and after that they needed to call the insurance company directly for any issues that arose. They came in happy with the plan but looking for an agent who could help them if any issues came up, so I didn't feel bad about poaching that one.

I'm no MAPD expert but think OP brings up a Valid Point.

I too have a relative who lives in a Senior Development. I'm sure that 90% of them have MAPD (i looked at the saturation map).

What is to prevent another agent from marketing to EXISTING MAPD clients and persuading them that they are the BETTER agent and they should switch to new agent as AOR???

I know it sounds underhanded, but A LOT of agents NEVER CALL their existing client base ever...AND simply expect their book of business to continue.

Does the AOR have resign up their existing Client (every-year) or is it automatic renewal?

?

What’s stopping them? Nothing. But again I’ll point out that you better check if you’ll even get commissions. Most here in FL don’t care who the AOR is. The original agent gets the commission. So you can do a lot of work for zero bucks. Sounds fun.

I figure what I earn is none of their business.

Bob I believe you've mentioned most of your Medicare options trade is supplements. Working with people intrigued by MA plans - particularly zero premium options - their curiosity about "what's in it for you if this policy is "free"?" practically radiates out of them.

as for the rest of your post, oh, my yes - we probably use many of the same phrases to get across the value proposition :)

In NY there is no AOR for MAPD don't know about the other states. The only thing you could do is move them from a HMO to a PPO, or switch them to another company. Signing them up for a like plan with the same company doesn't generate new commissions or any change of agent. I wish it did. I have sold medicare MAPD for 11 years now.

In NY there is no AOR for MAPD don't know about the other states. The only thing you could do is move them from a HMO to a PPO, or switch them to another company. Signing them up for a like plan with the same company doesn't generate new commissions or any change of agent. I wish it did. I have sold medicare MAPD for 11 years now.

I know I have got paid switching people from that Mosaic hmo plan to plan 1 or3 hmo with AARP

In fact, I had one this AEP had Plan 1 with AARP I switched to plan 3 because I signed his wife T65 to plan 3, Few months before and I got paid on him too

What’s stopping them? Nothing. But again I’ll point out that you better check if you’ll even get commissions. Most here in FL don’t care who the AOR is. The original agent gets the commission. So you can do a lot of work for zero bucks. Sounds fun.

SO, Chazm is saying it doesn't matter if another agent comes behind the original and Resigns them with the same company, (the original agent will still get the commission)....???

SO, Chazm is saying it doesn't matter if another agent comes behind the original and Resigns them with the same company, (the original agent will still get the commission)....???

I don't think the same company matters. I have been paid both humana and AARP same company but different plan.

No, I’m saying to check with your company. Often, if you do an AOR change you won’t get commissions. If you write them say, a PPO and they were on an hmo, you are more likely to get paid.

No, I’m saying to check with your company. Often, if you do an AOR change you won’t get commissions. If you write them say, a PPO and they were on an hmo, you are more likely to get paid.

Ok...thanks Chazm. I will call them.

Back