Wireless Headset

Glad I saw this thread. I have a 5 year old Panasonic KX0TG5480 (2 line) cordless land-line phone that works well... pictured here:

25187252-260x260-0-0_Panasonic+GigaRange+KX+TG5480S.jpg

I have an old Plantronics headset that plugs into the handset of the unit. I'm always getting tangled up in the thin wire. I want a new headset that is cordless.

I'm good with computers and software but know nothing about phones. What do you guys recommend for this unit, or do you recommend a new phone?

Glad I saw this thread. I have a 5 year old Panasonic KX0TG5480 (2 line) cordless land-line phone that works well... pictured here:

I have an old Plantronics headset that plugs into the handset of the unit. I'm always getting tangled up in the thin wire. I want a new headset that is cordless.

I'm good with computers and software but know nothing about phones. What do you guys recommend for this unit, or do you recommend a new phone?

Since it doesn't have a handset that lifts like a traditional phone, it looks like you might be limited to a wire coming out of your handset like you're doing now.

You've asked, so here it is. By far the BEST price on these things you're going to find. This is the UC version which means it works as a cell phone headset (as mentioned above), but also works for calls made on your computer. These things are usually $130 on up depending on store. On sale (i'm assuming not for long) for $59.

Buy.com - Plantronics Voyager PRO UC Bluetooth Headset System

That is a great price.

I have the Pro and have had it for a year or so. Works great. The plus is worth the upgrade to listen to music and streaming video IMO. I use the cs70nc w/lifter at my desk. Also works great.

Anyone to buy a Pro, Cheap?

Last edited:
That is a great price.

I have the Pro and have had it for a year or so. Works great. The plus is worth the upgrade to listen to music and streaming video IMO. I use the cs70nc w/lifter at my desk. Also works great.

Anyone to buy a Pro, Cheap?
I use the Pro as well. It doesn't have the "A2DP" sound profile required to stream music (which I don't care about) and it won't give you nav system turn by turn instructions. The Pro+ and newer will do those things. I believe their newest is the Pro HD.

this one works w/ a cordless phone:
Amazon.com: Plantronics CS55H Wireless Headset W Adapter for Cordless Telephones: Electronics

Back