Do You Need a Fax Machine?

That ends up being way more expensive that the vitelity setup.

You can fax like 15 pages a minute at 3 cents a minute. 5 cents a page would make that 75 cents.

Burns you up on the per page cost.

I only use it for incoming which is almost nothing. Most people have switched to email. You can encrypt using pgp (free) for the times when an app or bank info comes in. Easy and cheap.

Outgoing is via my multifunction or winfax on the XP box.

I only use it for incoming which is almost nothing. Most people have switched to email. You can encrypt using pgp (free) for the times when an app or bank info comes in. Easy and cheap.

Outgoing is via my multifunction or winfax on the XP box.

Ah yeah makes more sense as inbound. I get an inbound fax like once a month.

You guys don't do personal lines. There is still a lot of faxing that goes on, whether you want to do it or not :)

Yes, I prefer email, but I'm frequently faxed requests and am given a fax number to respond to, not an email.

Dan

I send and receive my faxes through efax which pretty much eliminates the need for the fax machine. Or does it??

I have a fax machine in my office that I bought at least 8 years ago. When me or someone else in my office wants to quickly fax a piece of paper without scanning it, the fax machine is handy to have around. It's like having a spare tire in the trunk of your car. .....not necessary all the time, but nice to have around.

With the price of multifunction machines these days, it is pretty easy to set up a fax. The problem is that a lot of people don't have the land line. ;^) I just happen to.

Back