Do You Need a Fax Machine?

I fully recommend the Brother DCP series multifunctions, they scan directly to PDF by 2 button presses on the front panel.

If you use a mac or linux they can be a PITA to configure, but with windows they're simple.

I got one 2 years ago, DCP-7040, never had any issue with it ever. Toner costs me about 15 bucks online, black and white only, does about 20 pages print per minute, scanner feed tray holds about 50 pages, scans to 1 pdf file. Very very very easy to use machine.

Ditto recommendation on BROTHER multi right to PDF and fax via Ring Central.

If you really want a fax machine you can get one for $2.00 at Goodwill. ha

Cheapest e-fax ive seen, highly reliable, is via vitelity.

They do 3$ a month for the number and .03 cents a minute for use time only. I don't think I've ever hit 4$ in a month ever.

This is an affiliate link: hoppercrm.com

Also have a coupon for ringcentral, first month free. They're quite good, used them for my whole phone system for quite some time before I started self managing. They're 7.99 a month after the free trial.
Free Trial of RingCentral Fax

Again, full disclosure, I get commissions from both those companies. I get commissions from a bunch of others also, but those are the only 2 I have experience with.

How do you get commission from these companies? Are you actually an employee or is there some other arrangement?

How do you get commission from these companies? Are you actually an employee or is there some other arrangement?

I run a voip dialer system, vitelity is the trunking I use for that system, I also have a couple other onsite dialer boxes I set up for people using that trunking and vitelity pays me.

I also have a few websites with affiliate offers for products, its something I do on the side for extra random money, since I have a 300$ a month web server I figure I might as well put some sites on it.

Amazon.com pays 4-10% commission, several other companies have affiliate deals, its just very low comp, the only way to make any money with them is have a site that does it for you.

The only reason I posted the affiliate link on ringcentral is because of the coupon code. I think it pays me 5$ or something dumb.

I also use MaxEmail and have for 10 years which is why I'm "grandfathered" in for a $15/year rate with unlimited incoming faxes! Gotta love that. I've NEVER had a problem with them. Best $15 I spend each year - lol.

I really like having a fax machine (actually I've had the same Brother laser multi-function for 6 years and will replace it with a wireless version when it's toast ) because it's just easier for me. I can also scan and send w/MaxEmail but I prefer to send from a fax machine and have only had to scan and send once in 10 years!

I use faxage for incoming faxes ~ 2.50/month + .05 per page. It comes to my machine and cell phone via pdf email. You can have it encrypt using pgp or equivalent.

Outgoing is via an old copy of winfax running on XP. My printer also has fax & scanning capabilities. Not many people fax anymore. The biggest thing was not paying for a dedicated fax line.

I use faxage for incoming faxes ~ 2.50/month + .05 per page. It comes to my machine and cell phone via pdf email. You can have it encrypt using pgp or equivalent.

Outgoing is via an old copy of winfax running on XP. My printer also has fax & scanning capabilities. Not many people fax anymore. The biggest thing was not paying for a dedicated fax line.

That ends up being way more expensive that the vitelity setup.

You can fax like 15 pages a minute at 3 cents a minute. 5 cents a page would make that 75 cents.

Burns you up on the per page cost.

I use fax87.com and it's about 100 bucks a year for 1000 pages a month (inbound/outbound). It works very well. Free 15 day trial to test it out if you're inclined.

Back