Worst Advice you ever got in Insurance Industry?

On a post you said “ I set 15 appts weekly with no leads “ . Now you said you have no interest in calling , setting appts or seeing clients . The truth is your sitting in a room in your house possibly producing leads and trying to make a living overriding agents hustling in the field . As they’re sweating in 100 degree heat you sitting in your room drinking a coke living off their blood , sweat and tears.

I got trained by Global View Capital Advisors. You were placed in a "hub". One was the insurance broker/ Financial advisor and the other a licensed Marketing advisor. They didn't want their agents to be burdened with marketing, finding clients or making appointments. That was the marketing advisor's job. All the Broker had to do was go to the appointments. It lightens the load of the other brokers. They do not have to do their own marketing or pay for leads. Global View has been around for years and they have gotten awards. I took this training with me when I left. It is the best way to do business. It is a team environment. I would encourage everyone to work this way.

"The truth is your sitting in a room in your house possibly producing leads and trying to make a living overriding agents hustling in the field . As they’re sweating in 100 degree heat you sitting in your room drinking a coke living off their blood , sweat and tears."

I don't understand your logic.
She makes appointments and those are distributed to agents.
Agents make the sale and the commission, I assume she gets a salary.
Agents that work within her organization are essentially buying leads.
What makes this different than you buying leads?

Now saying, "all the broker had to do" is rich.
You think every lead you have is gold?
You don't think they are paying for these leads?
Maybe not out of pocket but there is a cost to the agent.
I don't see how you can be in this business and be that naïve.
How do you track the quality of your leads?

"The truth is your sitting in a room in your house possibly producing leads and trying to make a living overriding agents hustling in the field . As they’re sweating in 100 degree heat you sitting in your room drinking a coke living off their blood , sweat and tears."

I don't understand your logic.
She makes appointments and those are distributed to agents.
Agents make the sale and the commission, I assume she gets a salary.
Agents that work within her organization are essentially buying leads.
What makes this different than you buying leads?

Now saying, "all the broker had to do" is rich.
You think every lead you have is gold?
You don't think they are paying for these leads?
Maybe not out of pocket but there is a cost to the agent.
I don't see how you can be in this business and be that naïve.
How do you track the quality of your leads?

To clarify. I do not get a salary. I get 14% of the sales through the leads. I'm a licensed broker that prefers to do the marketing I also help close the sales of they want my help. I have 25 + years of outside sales. I love this business model. When a broker has to market, cold call, and buy leads less time is spent with clients. I wouldn't do it any other way.

To clarify. I do not get a salary. I get 14% of the sales through the leads. I'm a licensed broker that prefers to do the marketing I also help close the sales of they want my help. I have 25 + years of outside sales. I love this business model. When a broker has to market, cold call, and buy leads less time is spent with clients. I wouldn't do it any other way.
I think where you are confusing everyone is you say agents shouldn’t buy leads (unless they sell FE) but then you say your main job at your agency is to generate leads for the producers.
When asked how much annual sales you produce without leads (your earlier post) you sad you don’t personally produce. OK but the follow up question is, how much DID you produce when you were a producer with the “no lead” system?

I think where you are confusing everyone is you say agents shouldn’t buy leads (unless they sell FE) but then you say your main job at your agency is to generate leads for the producers.
When asked how much annual sales you produce without leads (your earlier post) you sad you don’t personally produce. OK but the follow up question is, how much DID you produce when you were a producer with the “no lead” system?

Yes I wasn't considering FE when I made my statement. Buying leads for that would make sense.

Yes I wasn't considering FE when I made my statement. Buying leads for that would make sense.
Buy why is your job to generate leads if what you sell doesn’t take leads?

Also how much production did you sell per year when you were a selling agent? The reason for the question is that you are coming across like someone who never successfully sold insurance but you are giving advice to agents who do. This is your open door to tell of your success without coming across as Braggadocious.

Agents on these forums need to vet people who are giving advice. Is this advice you are giving something you really did and had huge success with? Or is it all theories or things you have heard from other people?

Buy why is your job to generate leads if what you sell doesn’t take leads?

Also how much production did you sell per year when you were a selling agent? The reason for the question is that you are coming across like someone who never successfully sold insurance but you are giving advice to agents who do. This is your open door to tell of your success without coming across as Braggadocious.

Agents on these forums need to vet people who are giving advice. Is this advice you are giving something you really did and had huge success with? Or is it all theories or things you have heard from other people?

Scott postage went up another 5.5% last week . Second increase in a yr.Has Rgi or other direct mail vendors raised the per lead yet ?What is rgi charging your agents per lead cards that say”life ins”? As i recall they were about $5 more per lead than the ones that have “govt” on them.In hard response states like Ohio and the south I’m hearing $45 plus for fixed cost min now. Some areas over $50 a lead

Scott postage went up another 5.5% last week . Second increase in a yr.Has Rgi or other direct mail vendors raised the per lead yet ?What is rgi charging your agents per lead cards that say”life ins”? As i recall they were about $5 more per lead than the ones that have “govt” on them.In hard response states like Ohio and the south I’m hearing $45 plus for fixed cost min now. Some areas over $50 a lead
95% of our agents pay $36 or less for their leads. Two or three agents pay higher.

Back