YAL Lead...Wanna Hear What One Sounds Like?

The relevance is because you said:

The point is that you said the OP could just pick the name from the phone book with the same results (which I think is the second time that argument has been made here) and I know a lot of agents *think* it's that easy.

The relevance is that it takes more work than most agents believe to generate a lead, even of that quality. I think if agents did some of their own cold calling before they purchased leads from YAL, they would have more of an appreciation for what they are. Again, I'm not saying they're as good as YAL claims them to be, but there certainly is more value there then just a few phone calls through the phone book would garner.

I wasn't joking about the offer, I'll happily send you the 100 records, just e-mail me what area you want and I'll send you an FE list. Of course if you want to buy more I'll happily sell them to you as well, but just e-mail (or PM) me about it and I'll get that out to you.

How are your lists generated? I'll try 100 and if I have success I'll buy more if your offering.

How are your lists generated? I'll try 100 and if I have success I'll buy more if your offering.

I'll respond to your PM. That isn't a general offer, it was specifically for rizzle. From time to time I do give away free lists though (batches of 100).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Is MPS defending them? Josh would you recommend YAL to anyone?

I can see why someone would think that.

I don't think they are delivering what they are promising.

I do think what they are delivering are workable leads.

I think that it's naive for an agent to expect any different from a $15-$25 telemarketed lead.

Would I recommend them? That's tough to say, but the answer is probably not for most agents. When things die down a little bit for me I plan on talking to them and might buy some of their leads and I think that if their leads are consistently of about the same quality as the lead that was posted here.

I think the leads are definitely worth the asking price, but I think they should adjust what they are presenting the leads as.
in general it's not that easy, however, after hearing that audio not many would want to take that as a PAID lead as thinking the lead has any real interest in buying anything.. the guy could barely speak..
again,back to what YAL is selling the leads as "someone that is interested"?; didn't sound like the guy had interest to me besides saying 'NO' 2x.

Merrill, you don't know if that guy is interested in buying anything. You heard him say that, but he also heard the words life insurance on the phone, gave up some personal information (on a recorded line), and gave permission to have an insurance agent contact him. You might not think that's a good lead and you might not want to work that, but out of 10 of those there is money to be made.

I totally get that most agents wouldn't want a lead of that quality and I get that YAL claims there leads are something they aren't, but let's not forget that the majority of insurance agents fail out of the business for a variety of reasons. One of the reasons I think folks fail out of this business (or make less money than they could be making in it) is because they would take a look at a lead like this and call it worthless.

If I had one of those leads an hour from my house would I work it? Probably not, but if I had 10 in the same area I'd work them and happily take my 2-3 policies (or more) out of it.

Last edited:
Just to clarify what went on between YAL and me.
The lead TPPA played I think was a bad lead but I would never have asked to have it replaced. I do know some of those guys can be sold, but not many and its way more work than it might be worth in the end. And if you do write it, its a chargeback waiting to happen.

The leads I wanted replaced, which consisted of 10 out of 25, clearly did not meet their own criteria as a good lead.

I suppose technically the lead TPPA played was ok. If I ran a lead company and I had that lead, I'd give it away as a freebie letting the agent know I appreciate his business.

bTW i just got an email from YAL wanting me to order more leads. can you belieive that.

And Medacare just so you know I do respect you sorta, I just like to have fun with you cuz its so easy to do! I do think you cherrish the devils advocate role.
medicare stated

"I think that it's naive for an agent to expect any different from a $15-$25 telemarketed lead."

the only people who feel that way are the ones selling leads.

Last edited:
I got an email from a guy last week who bought 25 leads at $11 a piece. He placed the order before he read this forum.

"Let's sum all this up....YAL over promises, and under delivers on them...plain and simple...buy their leads, and develop your own opinion"

Whether you're using a lead company that telemarkets, a mailing company that sends out response cards, internet leads, or any other type of lead generating system, they all over-promise and under deliver.

Do not get involved with long-term contracts and do not put up hundreds of dollars up front. Find out who you're dealing with and buyer beware.

Just my 2 cents.......

medicare stated

"I think that it's naive for an agent to expect any different from a $15-$25 telemarketed lead."

the only people who feel that way are the ones selling leads.

Or insurance a bunch of insurance agents that are pretty serious about doing FE.
Let's sum all this up....YAL over promises, and under delivers on them...plain and simple...buy their leads, and develop your own opinion...

Well put!

Last edited:
It is not the bad lead that concerns me. It is how they handle their complaints. They don't. A good company shows their worth when things aren't going well, Merill would have been happy with some credit towards new leads. Instead they changed the agreement he made with the woman. And that fired him up. He got tired of bending over. Did I get that right Merrill. Josh you are dissecting, the lead, but not dissecting YAL answer, or non answer.

I think Merrill is inconsolable.

Merrill said horrible things to YAL (among others, that they would be doing us a favor by killing themselves, they should be beaten and burned to death, they're telemarketers are gay and retards, etc) and as a result of that they are no longer willing to have him as a customer.

I don't think YAL needs to come here to defend themselves and the fact of the matter is that most vendors like to stay clear of this forum because of the overwhelming negativity that this forum draws on anyone who has anything to sell to insurance agents.

It's also worth considering that YAL will tell folks point blank, they're not for everybody and that some folks do well with their leads, others don't. Frankly, that lines up with everything Merrill, TPAA, etc have been saying and meshes perfectly with what Greg, jdeasy, and I have to say on the matter.

Back