YAL Lead...Wanna Hear What One Sounds Like?

if you look at this lead as someone that wants or is interested in purchasing insurance then the expectation would not have been met. If the lead is looked at as someone that has agreed to receive only information then i can understand that you may have something to work with.

Question is how is this lead company marketing their product; as leads that are interested in purchasing/ looking for quotes or just agreeing to receive free information.

if the later then yeah i guess it would count as legit.. he said he didnt want any insurance and lady said this someone would contact you to just offer you free information, where he then agreed.

The question to me is whether or not it was a good lead. If it's someone that is a viable prospect for life insurance, then it meets the litmus test of a good lead by me (and several others). There is no question that they leads are not what YAL claims them to be, but to me that is less of an issue than whether or not they are good leads by the definition of "can an agent make money off of them with a reasonable amount of effort". Yes, agents can and do close them at 20%-30%.

Again, rizzle, have you done any of your own cold calling for FE? If you're interested, I'll happily send you 100 scrubbed records you can cold call for FE if you'll come back and report, good or bad, what you've found. All it would cost you is your time and whatever your phone service is.

I agree with josh here that the lead in question probably meets the standard set by that company for what you get for the money you pay.

If you want a higher standard, you can either tell them your standard and let them price to it, or run your own telemarketing in house.

Both would work.

If you can manage the campaign yourself, you should, you will always be cheaper, all things being equal, than any outsourced company because they have built in profits. However, if they can do it better than you, you are better off outsourcing it.

Josh i think the problem is the way they responded or their non response that started this thread. Merill, Josh does have good data. Try it you may like it.,

I think you know how I get my leads, I buy them.

generate leads, buy leads, lead sales, lead production. your even starting to sound like John D the owner of YAL Of course you both aare in the same boat, so I can see why you might think alike

you sit here and get rude with all kinds of people and even qualify it as "not trying to be rude",

but when someone talks back to you, you get all righteous. You can dish it out but can't take it.

4,987 posts later and your still talking ****

good for you, it keeps you young!

In fact I'll go to 70%

I think you know how I get my leads, I buy them.

Right. Most likely generated by breaking at least two laws if it's the way that I've been told, but that's none of my concern. What is clear is that you don't know what it takes to generate a lead because you haven't been doing it. There's nothing wrong with that, but there is a difference between working leads and generating them.

generate leads, buy leads, lead sales, lead production. your even starting to sound like John D the owner of YAL Of course you both aare in the same boat, so I can see why you might think alike

What boat might that be?

you sit here and get rude with all kinds of people and even qualify it as "not trying to be rude",

but when someone talks back to you, you get all righteous. You can dish it out but can't take it.

I think you confuse "not being able to take it" with an attempt at having a more professional tone here. I think what you lack in facts you attempt to compensate for with snarky comments, insults on my character, and a running "joke" about fast food that is worn out and unimaginative.

4,987 posts later and your still talking ****

You had my excited there for a moment because I'm looking forward to my 5k post mark, but I'm unfortunately not that close yet.

In fact I'll go to 70%

I'm going to decline your offer. I'm not sure what it is you think you'd be teaching me, but I can already close leads that know why I'm coming. To take that a step further, I know how to meet with someone who says "I'm not going to buy any life insurance today" and have a friendly meeting with them that results in me leaving with a check and a signed app with the client glad I stopped by and pleased to have their insurance needs taken care of. Maybe if you asked jdeasy nicely he could teach you the same trick.

There is no question that they leads are not what YAL claims them to be

that's sort of an issue if the leads are priced out as claimed. in return agent thinks that's what is being paid for.

Again, rizzle, have you done any of your own cold calling for FE? If you're interested, I'll happily send you 100 scrubbed records you can cold call for FE if you'll come back and report, good or bad, what you've found. All it would cost you is your time and whatever your phone service is.

i'm not sure the relevance of this inquiry in regards to the original topic discussion?

However, on a side note., i do probably need a more viable list to work from than my current one.

Last edited:
Now that we know about the leads "who would like to receive free info", where can I find a lead source that has "buyers"?

Back