Yellow Page Ad

I've not look in a phone book in years.

Mark I had this conversation with an agent a few days ago.

He was complaining about his $6,000 yellow page ad. I politely asked him when the last time he had looked in his phone book for anything. He replied that he didn't even know where his phone book was located in his home.

Then I challenged him to ask 10 people the same question.

I suppose my point is, there are better ways of spending our marketing dollars. Honestly, I was sick of being feeling held hostage to the yellow pages.

I wouldn't consider spending a penny on Yellow Pages unless I am a P&C agent and then ????????????.

I have found that personally that the yellow pages does have some value for P&C anyways. They are consistantly losing customers to the digital age allowing you to negotiate great rates with them. I get usually 3 new customers per month from my yellow page ad. Nothing significant but having the right price negotiated along with proper placement can be a small source for new business.

I have found that personally that the yellow pages does have some value for P&C anyways. They are consistantly losing customers to the digital age allowing you to negotiate great rates with them. I get usually 3 new customers per month from my yellow page ad. Nothing significant but having the right price negotiated along with proper placement can be a small source for new business.

The phone company use to rape and pillage on Yellow Pages advertising. Every year there would be a substantial increase. Now they will negotiate good rates and will hold them.

Last edited:
My mother runs a bonding company. She spends a lot of money on yellow page ads and to be on the outside of the local phone book. It does work very well for her.

My mother runs a bonding company. She spends a lot of money on yellow page ads and to be on the outside of the local phone book. It does work very well for her.

Is she in the Atlanta book? If she is I bet she pays some big dollars!

Back