1 call close or not?

Johnrocks - Yes they can change supp companies monthly, provided they can pass underwriting.

Bob - Most of the seniors that I speak with are competent and can make their own decisions. Now, if I feel that they do not understand what they are getting or mention a son/daughter/care taker that they want to talk to about it, of course it is done prior to enrollment. I think most of us who take our profession seriously do this.

One call is all it should take. If they say they do not make their own health insurance decisions then I should not have been in their home in the first place--the decision maker should always be present. 99% of my clients make their own decisions--by their own preference. All seniors are not weak-minded and gullible. Most of these people have been in the business market longer than any of us and know when they are being shafted. If I sense they are not the person that should be making the decision or sense that they do not understand what I am explaining to them (again, extremely rare) then I'll ask if they have a relative that can help. Bob, you must be selling a lot of SNP (institutional) MA plans??

I couldn't help but to jump in and put my million dollar valued opinion here. :)

Take it as you deem folks but the bottom line is this: The sale all starts on the phone. And I'm not sorry to say.

If I have to fight for an appointment or wrestle on the phone, then it ain't gonna go good in the home. Period. So, for me, anyway, I do my own calls. And if I see I'm starting to have to wrestle, I politely hang up and move on.

There is another pivital point in this. Some use appointment setters while others call their own. Either way, qualify, qualify, qualify and talk to these people as well as you can prior to the 'meeting.' It will eliminate much but definitely not all of the objections at the actual meeting.

I think the various opinions on this topic stem from personality and the way one chooses to runs his or her ship. Regardless though, the first contact, which is the phone, btw, is a GREAT way to eliminate the #s so when you're in the field, you have a better shot of increasing your #s.

I hope this makes sense.

What may work for one may not work for all. Like with Bob, that's working for him, evidently. That's great. Who are some to judge his methodology. Kudos to Bob. Okay, Kudos to the others that have their system down, like Frank, John P., and many other seasoned agents.

We as agents have to experiment with our 'scripts' and / or just be real guys and gals. I find my most easier sales is when I really TALK to them and not 'pitch' them. It's when I 'pitch' them I lose.

But some times, some people are all about the pitch. ( some could be one in this case) They do not want to be talked to; It's weird. That's why we have to have a variety of cards in our wallet to pull when needed - whatever the product. Now will you always close. Hell no! That's a fact. I do not know ANYBODY who is a 100% closer and if you know somebody who is, can I please have his or her number? I would like to learn.

Thank you.

I couldn't help but to jump in and put my million dollar valued opinion here. :)

Take it as you deem folks but the bottom line is this: The sale all starts on the phone. And I'm not sorry to say.

If I have to fight for an appointment or wrestle on the phone, then it ain't gonna go good in the home. Period. So, for me, anyway, I do my own calls. And if I see I'm starting to have to wrestle, I politely hang up and move on.

There is another pivital point in this. Some use appointment setters while others call their own. Either way, qualify, qualify, qualify and talk to these people as well as you can prior to the 'meeting.' It will eliminate much but definitely not all of the objections at the actual meeting.

I think the various opinions on this topic stem from personality and the way one chooses to runs his or her ship. Regardless though, the first contact, which is the phone, btw, is a GREAT way to eliminate the #s so when you're in the field, you have a better shot of increasing your #s.

I hope this makes sense.

What may work for one may not work for all. Like with Bob, that's working for him, evidently. That's great. Who are some to judge his methodology. Kudos to Bob. Okay, Kudos to the others that have their system down, like Frank, John P., and many other seasoned agents.

We as agents have to experiment with our 'scripts' and / or just be real guys and gals. I find my most easier sales is when I really TALK to them and not 'pitch' them. It's when I 'pitch' them I lose.

But some times, some people are all about the pitch. ( some could be one in this case) They do not want to be talked to; It's weird. That's why we have to have a variety of cards in our wallet to pull when needed - whatever the product. Now will you always close. Hell no! That's a fact. I do not know ANYBODY who is a 100% closer and if you know somebody who is, can I please have his or her number? I would like to learn.

Thank you.

This has to be one of the best threads I've read in days!!!It's precisely how I've feel,just have not been able to get it over in any of my messages.Thanks!!!

Willie, you see from my post count I haven't been on here very much/long. I'm having trouble with final expense and considering MS/MA. What is your experience in this field?

Willie, you see from my post count I haven't been on here very much/long. I'm having trouble with final expense and considering MS/MA. What is your experience in this field?

I have a little experience in that. Forget about the MA and position yourself for the MS. Then, cross sell FE to your MS clients.

Back