2017 FFM Registration

If you want your renewals for on exchange biz you have to get certified.

With all of the carrier withdrawals and changes it's unlikely anyone will actually cash an On Exchange renewal check next year-the only way to make sure you get paid (for those companies still paying) is to do an active renewal

What's an active renewal? All of mine renew automaticly.

An active renewal is where you go through the enrollment process during OEP and enroll the client rather than relying on the system to do it for you. I don't trust the system so do active renewals for each of my clients whether they change plans or not.

I'll tell you the same I said 10+ times today...

"I can give you todays answer, but it will change tomorrow. When I get "finalized" plans and rates, YOU will get finalized plans and rates. And there's a pretty good chance that I am not going to have that answer until Nov 1. And if the election is close, it may not be until Nov 9."

What's an active renewal? All of mine renew automaticly.

Sam, as you know, we're losing companies and commissions here in Illinois faster than you can say "Obamacare sucks!" There might not be any First Year or Renewal commissions for us in 2017, from any of the remaining Illinois companies.

Harken recently pulled the plug on all First-year and Renewal commissions for 2017. The e-mail from BCBS-IL today told us not to bother sending in proof that we're certified for 2017 FFM enrollment. That could be an ominous sign from the carrier with 86% Illinois market share.

I'm waiting for a more complete picture before deciding if I want to renew my FFM certification for 2017.

The e-mail from BCBS-IL today told us not to bother sending in proof that we're certified for 2017 FFM enrollment. That could be an ominous sign from the carrier with 86% Illinois market share.

I'm waiting for a more complete picture before deciding if I want to renew my FFM certification for 2017.

Yeah, that sounds ominous. What a cluster this whole thing has been.

Back