Admiral Life Can Kiss My ***

Indiana!

Admiral huh? Surely you have access to some better carriers than that!

I've been writing all my med supp business lately with RNA & Shenandoah; both are administered by Wakeley amd I have to say extremely efficient. The only thing that bugs me about RNA is that they close at noon on Friday! Sometimes inconvenient.

Admiral is administered by Wakely also. They are cheaper than RNA and Shenandoah. Or else I would be writing them. Admiral cannot complete a phone interview after 5pm. I have a guy still waiting to get issued. Its been about 3 weeks.

I have 2 party's tomorrow night. Saving myslef for then. If cheaper isnt the best then why are you selling those companies? Actually it seems Admiral's underwriting is more strict thna those other companies. I am not defending Admiral though. I hope nother company comes out soon that can beat there price. Well I might just start selling United World anyway.

They ain't the CHEAPEST in Texas right now, but they're definately in the top 5. Service is good too.

RNA is one of the stricter I've seen in a while. Shenandoah is a lil looser.

Last edited:
Huge? Sure it's above normal for the most part, but most of the companies in Texas the past year or two have been taking 12 to 31%.

31%!!! Now that's huge!

I mean dayum... Mutual down here just took what... ? 17 I think!

Huge? Sure it's above normal for the most part, but most of the companies in Texas the past year or two have been taking 12 to 31%.

31%!!! Now that's huge!

I mean dayum... Mutual down here just took what... ? 17 I think!

Mutual is an old company though. 17% isn't bad if its only 2% more than a new company. I am not trying to say what company is best because I dont know and neither do you. Med supps is basically on price. I don't see how else you could look at it. Show me a company that has a plan that has been out 6 years that hasn't had double digit increases.

No, but I will comment on Wakely... I got a POS the other day using them for a Sterling Investors MS. This client was in a GI status having dropped Sterling to go to a MA and wanted back (< 12mos). Data processor said not GI, I said Yes they were and read the policy, chapter and verse. Data processor said, "I will check with my supervisor", and comes back saying I was right. When it gets to plan and premium, she says, "Can't have old plan back because it is G and she can only have blah, blah, and F. Said let's go with F (customer has already paid yearly deductible), and we conclude, and commenting "no interview (with underwriting) necessary". I agree because I know where we stand.

I have received about 4 calls in the interim from different people in underwriting, wanting items they already had accepted. In the meantime, I asked for an email address (I wanted to have these issues in writing) but they said "We do not have email access. We can only fax"! I said, good, then fax this to me.... I haven't heard from them since.

I advise agents demand faxed questions and responses to establish a paper trail. I am getting the impression these people are trying to squirm out of accepting a guaranteed issue renewal. Why else are they so reluctant to conduct business in writing?

Back