Admiral Life Can Kiss My ***

Are there any other carriers besides Admiral, Shenandoah, RNA and Sterling Investors that Wakely is the administrator for ?

I think all Med Supps through AIMC, and that's about it. I really don't know for sure because I only carry Sterling Investors & Shenandoah under AIMC.

AIMC had Lincoln Heritage also.

As far as Admiral goes.... They have gotten better. I have talked to agents that have no problems with UW at all. I have had them decline a few people that probably shouldn't have been. One case ther considered the prospect to have disabling arthritis because in the phone interview she said she uses a cane a lot. I called and said she didn't have DA and they said the client would have to pay for APS to get the decision reversed. So I sold a different company. I think they migth have 1 bad UW there.

AIMC dropped my company's contract with Sterling, Admiral, and Royal Neighbors and gave no other reason than to say we can because our contract says we can. We have placed a lot of business on their books in the time we have had them. I'm at a loss to explain why they would all of a sudden term our company's contract and all our agents' contracts, and not refund the appointment fees, even though some of the appointments were very recent. It's a huge inconvenience.

I was just trying to get a handle on whether we were dropped because of some problem with our FMO or whether it was a system wide problem with the company itself. Why else would they turn their noses up at the kind of business we were generating?

I wrote about 10 Admiral policies this last year. I had a small problem with an older husband and wife, but the Admiral underwriter helped me through it and got it issued. I am in a state that does Guarantee Issue each year on the policy anniversary date, so maybe that is why I haven't had any real issues. At the time they were the cheapest for the clients.

Back