Advise New Agent - New to Medicare in Atlanta

Probably one of the greatest D2D salesmen that ever existed.

Excellent movie, wonderful story!

If only Bill Porter had been hired by Monumental Life instead of Watkins ... he'd have become wealthy and an Insurance sales legend. As it is, he is certainly deserving of being a sales legend, though few know his story.

OP Everybody on here does it differently. Everybody is biased to what works for them.
Lead gen is the key to success in Medicare. After your 3rd year if you are still around Medicare you will likely share this opinion that medicare is the best market in insurance. Some can challenge this but our agency has been in Medicare for 30 Years and exclusive in Medicare since 2005- 2006. Lead gen ideas, Facebook is huge now, Telemarketing/Cold Calling, Door Knocking , Local Networking, BNI Groups , Doctor Office Networking , Seminar Marketing, Direct Mail all work. I will tell you that we are using Facebook, Seminars , Doctor Office Networking, Local Networking, and we but Telemaretd leads. Each method there is a learning curve and skill and persistence rules the day in Medicare. I do not door knock but many of our agents do it and do it very successful.

The reality, most agents fail because they are not consistent, do not invest their business and are not properly trained. So pick a method of marketing and more importantly choose a mentor that will answer the phone when you call and who can guide you in the method that you want to market. For most Medicare is a real struggle until you hit Year 3. The Medicare dream is not for everybody.

Greetings everyone,

I received my license a year and a half ago. I began selling Life, accident, Disability and Critical Illness plans to labor and credit union members in NYC and Metro Atlanta. I didn’t have to fish for leads. I just had to convince people to buy and close the sale that day. I wanted to get started with Medicare at that time but it was just easier for me to market and sell voluntary benefits.

I am trying to sell Medicare now but am having a tough time getting started. I am not use to cold calling or door knocking.I really want to be successful at this but feeling very discouraged. So, in a nutshell I need help getting in front of people. Please advise...

Don’t sell in Atlanta. Somarco already sold them all.

Back