AEP help

jack3454

Super Genius
Hello, Im a newish medicare agent. Im needing some advice on how to make this AEP go well compared to last AEP where I failed to plan properly therefore I failed.

I plan on doing these things this AEP, if you could critique these I really would be grateful:

1. Direct mail
When do you start mailing for AEP, how often do you send mail, do you mail more than once per area? Im in the dark here with so many options with mail not sure where to start. People say send turning 65 mail, others say send generic Medicare advantage/supplement mail, etc. What works for you?

2. Storefront table for educational purposes which will hopefully lead to appointments
I was thinking grocery store, local pharmacy, etc

3. Door knocking
Can I door knock random houses? If so, how do you approach this, and is it worth the effort?

1. If you are doing turning 65 you have to do it about 6-8 months before they turn 65, so that may not be a good option for you. If you do direct mail and you're really looking for MAPD instead of Med Supps, then make your lower income level very low...maybe even down to $0.

2. The storefront tables work for some agents and not so much for others. More over, it's the newer agents who generally work them.

3. You CAN NOT door knock for MAPD, nor can you door knock for Med Supps with the intention of switching to MAPD. However, you can door knock for Med Supps all day long, 7 days a week.

Remember, AEP is just part of the Medicare selling game. You've got many more months of the year to worry about too.

Hello, Im a newish medicare agent. Im needing some advice on how to make this AEP go well compared to last AEP where I failed to plan properly therefore I failed.

I plan on doing these things this AEP, if you could critique these I really would be grateful:

1. Direct mail
When do you start mailing for AEP, how often do you send mail, do you mail more than once per area? Im in the dark here with so many options with mail not sure where to start. People say send turning 65 mail, others say send generic Medicare advantage/supplement mail, etc. What works for you?

2. Storefront table for educational purposes which will hopefully lead to appointments

3. Door knocking
Can I door knock random houses? If so, how do you approach this, and is it worth the effort?
where in Florida are you? I do hands on training with my agents. If you are willing to move some contracts over to me, I can offer some face-to-face training

1. Direct mail

3. Door knocking

Go look at some of my recent notes on dm . You can’t door knock this yr so you need a appt setter banging the leads hard and 10-20 times . Unless you’re mailing 10k it’s not worth your time ( I’m mailing 50 k plus). . 10k will get you 100 leads. I’ve seen zero mail outs on Walmart ,cvs ,Walgreens etc allowing outside agents in their stores. I wouldn’t be surprised if they use their own agents this yr. With all the new compliance it’s definitely tougher for a new agent this yr. Don,t forget the 48 hr scope. I’d say it’s almost easier to work for an outfit with inbound leads .

1. If you are doing turning 65 you have to do it about 6-8 months before they turn 65, so that may not be a good option for you. If you do direct mail and you're really looking for MAPD instead of Med Supps, then make your lower income level very low...maybe even down to $0.

2. The storefront tables work for some agents and not so much for others. More over, it's the newer agents who generally work them.

3. You CAN NOT door knock for MAPD, nor can you door knock for Med Supps with the intention of switching to MAPD. However, you can door knock for Med Supps all day long, 7 days a week.

Remember, AEP is just part of the Medicare selling game. You've got many more months of the year to worry about too.

appreciate the advice. yeah its a little late for turning 65, hoping I didnt screw up that much already. If you have to mail that far in advance, whos to say they even go with you? Dont you have to keep calling these people so the keep you in mind the next half year?

appreciate the advice. yeah its a little late for turning 65, hoping I didnt screw up that much already. If you have to mail that far in advance, whos to say they even go with you? Dont you have to keep calling these people so the keep you in mind the next half year?

You don't have to keep calling, if you're doing dm, just keep sending mailers. After they see your mailers multiple times, they will call you and then all you have to do is follow-up right before it's time for them to sign-up. If you make a good impression, it will be an easy sell, it's just a long process.

Go look at some of my recent notes on dm . You can’t door knock this yr so you need a appt setter banging the leads hard and 10-20 times . Unless you’re mailing 10k it’s not worth your time ( I’m mailing 50 k plus). . 10k will get you 100 leads. I’ve seen zero mail outs on Walmart ,cvs ,Walgreens etc allowing outside agents in their stores. I wouldn’t be surprised if they use their own agents this yr. With all the new compliance it’s definitely tougher for a new agent this yr. Don,t forget the 48 hr scope. I’d say it’s almost easier to work for an outfit with inbound leads .

Ok ill take a look. Why cant I door knock this year is it because of what DonP said? Do you know anyone that offers inbound leads? Thankyou

Did the 48 hour scope already start? Or does it start in Oct for 2024 biz?

Back