AEP help

I swear CMS are morons, whoever puts these rules in place. Every GD year it’s some new BS.

As for the OP, I usually mail around September to give a 30 day lead time, and hopefully by the time the mail comes back, I have leads to call. I think I send a couple thousand last year. I’m trying facebook ads as well this year. You have a good plan, you should have no problem getting new clients with everything you’re doing.

Last edited:
You don't have to keep calling, if you're doing dm, just keep sending mailers. After they see your mailers multiple times, they will call you and then all you have to do is follow-up right before it's time for them to sign-up. If you make a good impression, it will be an easy sell, it's just a long process.

Thank you. Does it matter what mailers I send? They sent me like 20 different mailers and I have no idea which to choose.

Thank you. Does it matter what mailers I send? They sent me like 20 different mailers and I have no idea which to choose.

It just depends. there is no one size fits all approach. You have to try different things out and see what works and don't be afraid to pivot when it stops working. Look at this post from last: Medicare Direct Mail: Postcards. There are others out there too in the forum, search for direct mail.

It matters huge what you mail . Starting July 10 th your supposed to get Cms approval on all mail that mentions any benefit such as dental , vision etc . I can assure you 99% of all the mail, postcards calls etc not within cms guidelines . You use a true cms approved mailer you’ll be getting 2-3 cards back per 1000.

All these guys selling off Facebook ads , incoming calls etc would go broke with cms approved ads . My client the other day showed me a postcard he just got from a big telesales outfit . It was “ 4K back for food “ “ $3 k back for this “ . I want to see how a little independent telesales agent working Facebook leads aep calls a lead and says “ Mrs Jones let me text you this little thing you got to sign . They sign it and you say “ I’ll call you back in 48 hrs and we’ll talk about plans . #1 your complete stranger will she even sign ? # 2 what are chances she even answers your call in 48 hrs ? #3 They picked up phone for you why not someone else ? 90% chance a telesales agent that will code it as incoming call with real time soa allowed will sell right then . Your history as they bought .I’m talking working leads and not referrals. These rules have impeded selling using leads big time .The problem is 95% of people will get around the rules .

1. It’s year 2. At this point, you are focusing on retention and finding people
2. Get stuff scheduled NOW. You want a table at Walmart, get on it
3. Marketing in AEP is a crapshoot, at best. You want to be marketing all year long, getting PTC cards. Then on Sept 1, you are emailing them and asking for drug lists and scheduling appts to review in October. You won’t get all of them. You may not even get half of them. But what you will get is permission to follow up next September (which is within 12 months) and to be added to your newsletter list

This is not a get rich quick game.

ou want to be marketing all year long, getting PTC cards. Then on Sept 1, you are emailing them and asking for drug lists and scheduling appts to review in October. You won’t get all of them. You may not even get half of them. But what you will get is permission to follow up next September (which is within 12 months) and to be added to your newsletter list

THIS ^^^^

1. It’s year 2. At this point, you are focusing on retention and finding people
2. Get stuff scheduled NOW. You want a table at Walmart, get on it
3. Marketing in AEP is a crapshoot, at best. You want to be marketing all year long, getting PTC cards. Then on Sept 1, you are emailing them and asking for drug lists and scheduling appts to review in October. You won’t get all of them. You may not even get half of them. But what you will get is permission to follow up next September (which is within 12 months) and to be added to your newsletter list

This is not a get rich quick game.

What is a PTC card? Postcard? Also, how should I be marketing all year long? Doing the same things I would do for AEP (mail, booths at a store), or is there a difference between what I should be doing the rest of the year? Ill do whatever, I just am not sure which direction to go. Thanks for the help!

It matters huge what you mail . Starting July 10 th your supposed to get Cms approval on all mail that mentions any benefit such as dental , vision etc . I can assure you 99% of all the mail, postcards calls etc not within cms guidelines . You use a true cms approved mailer you’ll be getting 2-3 cards back per 1000.

All these guys selling off Facebook ads , incoming calls etc would go broke with cms approved ads . My client the other day showed me a postcard he just got from a big telesales outfit . It was “ 4K back for food “ “ $3 k back for this “ . I want to see how a little independent telesales agent working Facebook leads aep calls a lead and says “ Mrs Jones let me text you this little thing you got to sign . They sign it and you say “ I’ll call you back in 48 hrs and we’ll talk about plans . #1 your complete stranger will she even sign ? # 2 what are chances she even answers your call in 48 hrs ? #3 They picked up phone for you why not someone else ? 90% chance a telesales agent that will code it as incoming call with real time soa allowed will sell right then . Your history as they bought .I’m talking working leads and not referrals. These rules have impeded selling using leads big time .The problem is 95% of people will get around the rules .

Ok honest question, is it possible to succeed doing medic are then? Because if im one of the few following the rules, how can I even succeed?

Latest posts

Back