AEP Marketing | $10,000

newbie2001

Super Genius
Hey everyone, so I took a lot of time and effort and set aside $10,000 for this AEP to market. No co-op from my upline or carriers this year.

I planned on spending it all with a particular appointment setting company that pre set's appointments at $100 a piece with a claimed 50% closing ratio. But... a few days ago a thread was opened here on that company with many people complaining about sub par appointments. See here

Any suggestions on how to actually spend this money? I need to add at a minimum 70 new lives to my book but ideally 100. Thought 10k would be enough to make this happen.

Hey everyone, so I took a lot of time and effort and set aside $10,000 for this AEP to market. No co-op from my upline or carriers this year.

I planned on spending it all with a particular appointment setting company that pre set's appointments at $100 a piece with a claimed 50% closing ratio. But... a few days ago a thread was opened here on that company with many people complaining about sub par appointments. See here

Any suggestions on how to actually spend this money? I need to add at a minimum 70 new lives to my book but ideally 100. Thought 10k would be enough to make this happen.
Lol . What size is your present book . If you even have 300 you got at least 50 lives you’ll have to move . And i sure as hell would be calling or at least trying to call every single client as your book is under very serious threat this yr with all the changes . I assure you call centers have 10’s of thousands of hourly type agents with no books to protect working 12 hr days with incoming calls and far east by the 100’s of 100’s calling seniors 50 times a day. Are you talking about selling over the phone or face to face ? On these appointments who’s getting the 48 hr scope? Are they making these appts wether face to face or over the phone 2 days out at least?

Lol . What size is your present book . If you even have 300 you got at least 50 lives you’ll have to move . And i sure as hell would be calling or at least trying to call every single client as your book is under very serious threat this yr with all the changes . I assure you call centers have 10’s of thousands of hourly type agents with no books to protect working 12 hr days with incoming calls and far east by the 100’s of 100’s calling seniors 50 times a day. Are you talking about selling over the phone or face to face ? On these appointments who’s getting the 48 hr scope? Are they making these appts wether face to face or over the phone 2 days out at least?
My book is under 100. Already scheduled all of my renewal appointments.

I sell F2F and yes the appointments are compliant with scopes.

My book is under 100. Already scheduled all of my renewal appointments.

I sell F2F and yes the appointments are compliant with scopes.
Ok you have not much book size to protect. Weren’t you under Gordon marketing at one time? Are these preset appts threw lead hero’s ? I’m curious how they’re getting these appts ? What leads are they using to get prosepects to get appts?Also these appts if complaint must be 2 days out ? That makes show rate much worse

Ok you have not much book size to protect. Weren’t you under Gordon marketing at one time? Are these preset appts threw lead hero’s ? I’m curious how they’re getting these appts ? What leads are they using to get prosepects to get appts?Also these appts if complaint must be 2 days out ? That makes show rate much worse
Still am with Gordon. Program is through Gordon.

Check the link in my initial post for the company. Everything is compliant.

But just curious if you were in my situation if need be where would you re allocate funds?

I’m seeing them advertising this big on there you tube weekly videos . My question is what type clients are these ? If these are low income /dsnp appts hell no I wouldn’t pay $100 an appt . Again where are they getting these people to make appts with ? Are they running social media ads and people filling out ? Are they calling 1-800 # and people making appts from that ? I’m asking how are the leads generated ? Are all these appts 2 days out ?

I’m seeing them advertising this big on there you tube weekly videos . My question is what type clients are these ? If these are low income /dsnp appts hell no I wouldn’t pay $100 an appt . Again where are they getting these people to make appts with ? Are they running social media ads and people filling out ? Are they calling 1-800 # and people making appts from that ? I’m asking how are the leads generated ? Are all these appts 2 days out ?
I believe its an internet ad type situation. Quality of appointments range from D-SNP, Chronic, to regular MAPD. Let's just imagine who clicks on these FB ad's for a second and is willing to fill out a survey.... ok done.

Yes appointments are set 2 days out.

I'm just in a rough spot with acquiring clients. Seminars are too damn expensive and don't convert well enough plus many take 6-12 months to come to fruition. I am on Scott's T65 program which has been working well enough but its definitely a break even program cost wise for me the entire first year of the client being on the books.

I have a goal of 250 clients by next December and per usual not much direction in the industry and just a bunch of sweaty lead sellers/marketers (not you Scott, you're great) trying to get me to spend my money with them.

Ok I read your link . Looks like the same bs low income dual type leads . Unfortunately outside t-65 most leads are low income . I’d say do Educational and sales seminars but it’s too late for that . Honestly it’s near too late to change direction with weeks to go .

Have you tried presets with Lead Hero’s . I bet you could work out $60 and appt doing $10 k worth . I assure you Gordon getting $20 a appt kickback

Ok I read your link . Looks like the same bs low income dual type leads . Unfortunately outside t-65 most leads are low income . I’d say do Educational and sales seminars but it’s too late for that . Honestly it’s near too late to change direction with weeks to go .
Yep. Agreed. Was hoping someone had the magic bullet.

I did 8 educational seminars between August and March of last year. The 4 I did in March were abysmal. Literal 4% conversion rate on 100 attendees. Didn't even break even.

Most just there for the free food acting like vultures who haven't ate in days.

Considering a library setting from now on.

Now the Seminars I did August 2023 had a 30% conversion rate, same presentation, same places, same company doing the mailers. All about the timing of the year I guess.

Just frustrated as its my second AEP and I really need to hit that 250 number by next year or I'm going to have to get a FT corporate job somewhere.

Latest posts

Back