Agents Beware: Oxford Life

RNA is pretty easy to deal with on things like this. They will reissue a whole new certificate for the following month if the first draft goes nsf.

So they are big IMO friendly, just not Agent ot client friendly.

They aren't any kind of friendly to anyone. They made a change in replacement rules last year and didn't inform the agents of the change.

They would not let the business go through that they had already approved before the agents were made aware. Even with IMO intervention.

Then I ran into issued Oxford policies months after this was all supposedly corrected.

The phone interview is terrible and they basically accuse the agent of theft, or they at least plant the seed.

They underwrite denials on other company decisions but they don't take the other company approval without underwriting.

And then just try to get policy services on the phone when you are with a client.

Worthless company.

So they are big IMO friendly, just not Agent ot client friendly.

That is an accurate observation. I have had this conversation with the who's who of Oxford multiple times.

Their argument is that if a insured lapses a policy they will probably lapse again...

I explained that that a large portion of their "senior simplified issue" FE clients on their books have lapsed a policy. It may not have been an Oxford policy, but it was some other companies policy. These are not untarnished 70 year old first time life insurance buyers.

Foresters declined a coworkers case for PlanRight cause the PI was declined for a UL years ago. Each carrier has quirksz

That is an accurate observation. I have had this conversation with the who's who of Oxford multiple times.

Their argument is that if a insured lapses a policy they will probably lapse again...

I explained that that a large portion of their "senior simplified issue" FE clients on their books have lapsed a policy. It may not have been an Oxford policy, but it was some other companies policy. These are not untarnished 70 year old first time life insurance buyers.

Does Oxford directly inform the agent that they are not paying a commission due to company policy, or does an agent find out after the fact, on the rare occasion he inspects his commission statement?

Does Oxford directly inform the agent that they are not paying a commission due to company policy, or does an agent find out after the fact, on the rare occasion he inspects his commission statement?

I called in to do a phone interview one time and they told me at the beginning that the client had had an Oxford policy before and I would not get FYC.

I imagine not every phone rep is smart/trained enough to do that every time.

I mentioned it above, but in this case I got an email asking if I would accept the adjustment without spelling out what the adjustment would be.

I mentioned it above, but in this case I got an email asking if I would accept the adjustment without spelling out what the adjustment would be.

Sounds like Hillarynomics to me.

----------

Ive had my bouts with them too.....I absolutely refuse to write them with their current state of business prevention. About a year and a half ago they termed a whole agency, failed to tell the agency or any of the agencies contracted agents...I bet there were hundreds of applications that were going to be issued and no commission paid. Screw that....I think every agent went and withdrew the apps and wrote with a different carrier...I know I did, placed them with others, all 4 or 5 of mine are still on the books to this day. Stupid choices will cost you money in the end......do any carriers other than SNL or Trinity even listen to the front end sales force???????????

Sounds like Hillarynomics to me.

----------

Ive had my bouts with them too.....I absolutely refuse to write them with their current state of business prevention. About a year and a half ago they termed a whole agency, failed to tell the agency or any of the agencies contracted agents...I bet there were hundreds of applications that were going to be issued and no commission paid. Screw that....I think every agent went and withdrew the apps and wrote with a different carrier...I know I did, placed them with others, all 4 or 5 of mine are still on the books to this day. Stupid choices will cost you money in the end......do any carriers other than SNL or Trinity even listen to the front end sales force???????????

No, we're just scumbag salesmen to them. Those Fancy Dans hold us in about as much regard as a piece of dog doo stuck to their shoe.

Back