• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Agents who submit majority of their business towards Transamerica?

Funguy

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello everyone,

Hope you all are having a nice week. I wanted to ask those agents who are currently submitting majority of their business towards Transamerica.

Can you please share what you like about them & why do you prefer to submit majority of your business towards them?

Thanks,

Funguy

Who is your upline

Competitve rates
SS Billing and Direct Express
Most liberal underwriting of the large FE companies
Easy to understand website
What difference would his upline make on this question? He's asking the opinion of fellow agents. What if his upline told him TA is the best thing since sliced bread, and he just wants to confirm that? What if he told him the opposite? What if the upline always recommends against TA because his override is 10 points lower? See my point?

It’s a forum joke come on....
Ok, fair enough. If you asked me the same question I might have gotten it. Sorry I misunderstood. But people come on to the forum all the time with questions where somebody pipes up and says they should be asking their upline, or to use the freakin' search function, etc. It always rubs me the wrong way, but today I'm feeling a little more grumpy than usual!
tenor.gif

( I am not an agent. ) (Missed forum joke.)

As I read, I thought Baseball7 was asking the question to assess precisely the points shonceman raised.

I have recently listened to some training for another type of insurance, however Transamerica came up there too.

As I think on it, I think a new agent might be faced with a couple of options.

They can do like an experienced agent and just go to an IMO for contracts. If they do that they can read 12 months worth of posts here and make some carrier decisions based on what they think of other agents' opinions about various ones.

On the other hand

An FMO that I would choose for training and support has a structured plan to help new agents succeed which includes some highly suggested carriers and preferred product mixes. I think that if a new agent wanted to maximize the effect of that FMO's training and support, he or she would be well advised to follow their plan.

However that brings up some problems for me from the agent perspective:

A) After reading and observing here for 18 months, there are some of those products in the product mix I don't want to sell.

B) For one of the products I don't want to sell, but would have to because of the FMO's crossselling designs, their recommended carrier is one whose product I don't want to sell. (And that after reading through three long threads discussing that product and carrier and even though most agents on the forum consider that to be the wisest carrier choice.)

C) If I just wrote out the plan with a recommended carrier list and posted it without any reference to who created it, I am pretty confident I would get some comments to the effect that that is about the worst plan I've ever seen, you will never make it as a new agent. And some folks would say some carrier in the carrier list is very bad, you'll be sorry you chose them.

So I can very definitely see the idea that a new agent might be wanting cross checking on FMO recommendations. It also seems possible that some FMO's might be known for recommending certain things, so knowing the upline might reveal an FMO's potential new agent carrier suggestions to the long term agent being asked for advice.

Ok, fair enough. If you asked me the same question I might have gotten it. Sorry I misunderstood. But people come on to the forum all the time with questions where somebody pipes up and says they should be asking their upline, or to use the freakin' search function, etc. It always rubs me the wrong way, but today I'm feeling a little more grumpy than usual!
tenor.gif

So does that go with: "You DID send in the card and I drove 40 miles to get here so you WILL listen to what I have to say"?

Back