AGLA Training

I have had great luck by telling them on the phone "I'm not going to try to sell you anything" and when I go in the house I make a point to remind them that I didn't even bring applications with me (not into the house anyways :o) so I'm just here to help them look at their situation.

That is a great way to get through the objection of "you are going to try to sell me something"

My answer has always been, "That is the last thing I would try to do." And it is, the last thing of each appointment...

I realize I am bumping a very old message, but thought it worthwhile.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
thanks for the response,
but yes i've been in the business right at 5 years.
but after thinking this through, I'm coming to my
senses. I guess the $ were scueing my better judgement.

but i'm still interested if anyone can tell me what it's like
being a manager for them. just curious

rjalf

I've been a manager for the company for 20+ years. Last year the average first level manager in our region made $106,000. Show me ANY other insurance company who can boast that as an AVERAGE income. It doesn't come on a silver platter either. If your vision of sales management is "do as I say, not as I do" don't bother. If you are the type to roll up your sleeves and get to work. It's a boundless opportunity.
Yes, it was.

If someone would hire you for a position that requires a state license without telling what the license is first... That person is beyond negligent. I suggest you spend your weekend looking for a different shop to start with.

VolAgent, I sense a lot of venom/hostility in your messages. Are you saying these things to help the people asking questions, or just to satisfy some vague sense of vengence?

No, I am not trying to start some flame war. Nor am I trying to bait you into an argument. I just don't understand how you feel these posts are going to help someone. Please advise.
We are having a pretty slow month, and normally I carry the office writing 60-70 policies a month, in P&C and L&H.

I am guessing there just aren't alot of people in the market to go on a "commission only" type job.

I am scared to death to do this but I feel like I am a fool if I don't at least try. I was in outside sales before coming to State Farm, and I truly miss being able to go outside and meet with folks at home or at work etc, and I hate hate hate sitting at a desk all day! I hope this is the right decision to make! :cool:

You obviously know the P&C side of the business. You enjoy outside sales (most P&C guys don't) and you have a golden opportunity.

Once you are a part of the AGLA family, track down a few P&C agents who do not do any life business. As long as someone in their shop has a Life & Health license, you can get the agency appointed as "Special Reps" Then you leave them a short questionaire to ask every client they talk to on the phone. You set up an equitable split and the company pays them a piece of every policy they refer you. You know their lingo, it's a win win situation and a FANTASTIC source of referrals.

As for the lack of folks willing to do commission sales, I am so happy that commissions isn't popular for the mainstream job seeker. That means those of us who do work on comm. make a lot more money!

With AGLA you can build an agency within an agency. You can hire, create strategic alliances, mentor, and sell. And they all pay you an income!

Last edited:
Will they help me get my insurance license? And will they pay me while I train? Any more info on how to contact them?

VolAgent, I sense a lot of venom/hostility in your messages. Are you saying these things to help the people asking questions, or just to satisfy some vague sense of vengence?

No, I am not trying to start some flame war. Nor am I trying to bait you into an argument. I just don't understand how you feel these posts are going to help someone. Please advise.

Yes, there was plenty of venom in that post for the manager in question. And I'll give you plenty as well if you think that behavior is ethical. You should always disclose that a license is required during the initial interview. Also, my post is extremely helpful if the person followed my advice, it kept him away from an unethical manager. I can only imagine what this manager does to clients. In my hometown, a small one, there are three AGLA shops. If someone is dead set on AGLA, they'd have two other chances to find a less ethically challenged manager.

I agree it is confusing if I went in for an interview, was told I needed a license, and was not told what it was. In my first interview, I was told what I would need, even though I knew already. Today, my 2nd interview, I was reminded again on the process.

I hate to sound like a troll but I think AGLA is a really quality company with a good product, good sales technique, and enough for an agent to succeed. I'm still in the pre employment phase but I have high hopes.

I'm lucky that everyone I have met in the office and/or other AGLA offices have been really awesome.

I start interviewing with Agla in Jan 2011. I just got my license 03/19/2011 so I have completed all phases of the interview just waiting on the final home office approval

bassplayer,
txs. for your informative posts. i'm an independent and
i've been talking to agia. i can keep all my other appointsmets, still work out of my office. i'd have to give up my hartford and other life carriers but my question is the book of business they give you all that and is the commisions
really the best in the business. we have'nt gotten to real numbers yet.. (i'm also in nc)

thanks for your comments

rjalf

Are you still with Agla? I am joining them here very soon and was wondering how their independant program work and is it worth it? Please let me know

I work as a special representative (i.e. independent) through AGLA, and my commission structure breaks down as follows: 95% on whole life, 80% on ULS, 70% on term, 65% on cancer, and 55% on accident insurance with 2% renewals on all products.

Back