AGLA Vs ANICO

I always thought AGLA was the captive side of AG. I could be wrong.

AGLA is American General Life and Accident and they are based out of TN. At least that's where it used to be. Not sure if they changed things over the years. They have/had completely different products than American General out of Houston.

Of course I only brought this up because the OP mentioned AGLA so I'm not sure if they are talking about the captive side or AG out of Houston.

So you need a completely different contract to sell agla even if licensed with American General?

The reason i'm asking is I've gotten conflicting info since its the same parent company.

American General in terms of Life underwriting vs ANICO is that American General is a better overall company if you are looking at Rated Cases. Their Table Ratings are much lower in price than ANICO, in fact, better than most other comparable plans. The biggest issue with ANICO is commission. You get much lower Commission with their products than other companies with comparable product and pricing. I do find their products to be competitive for Life and near the top for Preferred Rated Term Cases. I would still pick Protective Life over both though.

I'm at 85% with ANICO and AGLA ... AGLA will give you s 20% bonus in any written business over $30k ... For example, if you write $60k you'll get a $6,000 check

I don't know what the bga contract at agla is but I know bga's with American General can make 120-125%. If you do any type of volume i'd suggest getting your Bga to pay you a direct override monthly of 15-20%.

Back