Allstate Licensed Sales Producer

Invasive?!? I sell in MD, DC, VA with 8 other Erie agencies in my city I don't step on toes I dance on them it's business right?

I guess each branch office is different. I heard in the south and midwest with Erie and Auto Owners it's game over. I'm sure you will be fine regardless.

I used to spank Erie with Kemper until Kemper got retarded with rate increases. Now they can't beat Erie on older, more established accounts but they can be okay vs newer Erie accounts. Auto-Owners I don't believe offers the products I need for homeowners. I don't do a lot in commercial yet.

Auto-Owners is supposed to be dominating in SC, though. Perhaps I'll just do a book roll to Erie first and see what they have to say about it.

I work for MetLife... I think our pay is decent. Right now I have a base salary of $21,000/year and I get 15% commission on everything I sell. I am in my own office (company pays for rent) and I get between $500-$2000 a month for marketing. Starting next year I will get between $1000-$5000 a quarter to hire a telemarketer so I dont have to do as much cold calling. I also get a lot of free marketing material from them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And my renewals are 7% every year as long as they stay on the books.

Last edited:
Agree, agree and agree. Consider it a lesson learned that everyone learns in some way, shape or form. Alot of companies ore reducing commissions and asking people to really earn it before they give it. Take away the positive... milk this experience and job for all it's worth, put in the hard work...next jump will be on your terms.

Cory said:
Agree, agree and agree. Consider it a lesson learned that everyone learns in some way, shape or form. Alot of companies ore reducing commissions and asking people to really earn it before they give it. Take away the positive... milk this experience and job for all it's worth, put in the hard work...next jump will be on your terms.

To add to this when you do move to your own terms... Remember how you feel today and don't let your people feel the same way!

Thanks for all the responses! I guess maybe the best thing for me to do is stay put and work my butt off for a while. Its just frustrating trying to make ends meet with such a low starting salary. If I want to make a real go at this I need to give myself a chance to actually succeed.

Back