Am I.the Rat

So...... who was the rat? Surely one of these curmudgeons can admit to it and then lecture everyone about how hard things were in their day....walking uphill in the snow....blazing hot sun....

Hey John, no offence taken or intended just a healthy conversation.

Recruiter...nope never had too; independent producer/MGA...yep. I do, however, stand by my comment which is based on 30+ years of successfully managing people. Inspiring and helping folks grow both personally and professionally.

I agree with you that our business is a bigger risk by being 100% commission and people should have high contracts. The notion of starting people out with 75% or 85% contracts and making them buy their leads is old and stale. Everyone deserves better.

I don't agree with agents at lower contracts being left blind to the fact that there are higher contracts out there and the only way they find out is reading this forum. I do believe in transparency as well as the need to achieve goals to earn the highest contracts. MGA's should monitor their agent's production, talk with them often one-on-one and reward their efforts with higher comp without them having to ask.

To do differently leaves people with nowhere to go. They cannot get higher contracts because of carrier production commitments. The way to achieve a higher contract to earn more income is to either build their own team; which they can't do if everyone is at the same contract level, provide programs where they can reduce lead cost and sell more, or start selling other products outside of FE.

So if I offered leads at cost how many agents could I get at 100% contract?

Back