Another "Rip Off" lead company

My ROI on internet leads for 2007 was 8:1. ($82 COA per client, $650 avg commission).

When I try a new lead source, 5:1 is my target.

So, for those of you actually ordering internet leads, who are the companies that you feel are working well currently?
In the past I have tried asapquotes.com & hometownquotes.com & netquote.com. I think I may have done a few deals that shortly after fell off the books.
Expat: I sell on line 99% of the time
Somarco: I get 5:1 return on my lead purchases.
Are you still doing so? How has your experience been? What companies?

Still sell 99% on line, however I have been around a long time.
Vimo.
Don't waste your money on ANY company that has a link to E-Heath.
(I have whined and bitched about this on another thread)
You will be lucky to have 10% answer the telephone.
Even with Vimo I only have 30-40% answer.
(I have also whined about this on another thread) :arghh:

I own a lead company, and I understand completely what you went through. As a lead broker, I have seen leads go a lot of different directions myself. the worst however is the ones going to HBDC, who doesn't even pay for them. they pay only on conversion, just like Golden Rule. So when some of these lead companies sell their real time leads, they package a group into a csv format and send to HBDC, so that you have to compete with a call center with 133 agents writing 80 apps per day with Golden Rule, not to mention
other companies, worse yet, Golden Rule may be getting th esame lead as well. Now you have to call centers with predictive dialers to compete with.
Fun stuff huh?:arghh:

I own a lead company, and I understand completely what you went through. As a lead broker, I have seen leads go a lot of different directions myself. the worst however is the ones going to HBDC, who doesn't even pay for them. they pay only on conversion, just like Golden Rule. So when some of these lead companies sell their real time leads, they package a group into a csv format and send to HBDC, so that you have to compete with a call center with 133 agents writing 80 apps per day with Golden Rule, not to mention
other companies, worse yet, Golden Rule may be getting th esame lead as well. Now you have to call centers with predictive dialers to compete with.
Fun stuff huh?:arghh:

Another brief commercial for building your own mini-marketing machine where you'll spend pennies on the dollar compared to "purchased" leads sites, and your "conversion ratio" will be more like 7 in 10 instead of 1 in 50...

It is a bummer, but the lead industry has some bad players.

We have to work hard to rise above the trash, but WORK even harder to maintain our good name.

I am sure you feel fall out from people in your industry giving insurance a bad name too... just part of business.

I've tried a ton of lead co's over the years and the bottomline is the lead is only as good as the agent's sales abilities on the telephone. If you can get them on the telephone, you've probably got a better shot at closing than a cold-call.

Tony

Used ALLQUOTES before. Will never use them again. Far less than reputable. They are neveR wrong!!! You are NEVER right!!!

One for the trash can.

Back