Anyone know anything about American Classic Agency ?

Re: Anyone know anything about American Classic Agency???

Somarco: Say what you will about A.L. Williams (and I started in this business on the life side)...but it's hard to refute that he turned a trillion dollar business on it's head.

You'd be hard pressed to find any financial planner today that doesn't say the same thing that he was saying in the 80's.

As far as network marketing goes, there is WAY too much empirical evidence that says it's growing in strength and attracting some very visable players. "Rich Dad Poor Dad" is but one example.... there are horror stories in virtually every niche'.

Let's get together and play some golf?

I'm not a vegetarian because I hate meat.... I'm a vegetarian because I hate Plants.....!!!!

Then you will recall that Art Williams put together an agency of 30 day wonders turning housewives and tire changers into hapless dreamers who built a legacy of dreams. They used a high cost 10 year, non-renewable, non-convertible term product paired with a high cost annuity and illustrated returns that no one could achieve.

At the end of 10 years the annuities still had termination penalties and the term ran out leaving many unable to secure replacement coverage.

As a result of this racket, states instituted new changes in licensing, requiring 40 hours of classroom instruction and ongoing CE credits in an attempt to squash the part-timers who were twisting policies and replacing quality products with junk.

The agency business was built by folks like Frank Sullivan, Al Grannum and others. There is no doubt that a lot of people were under-insured as a result of the heavy promotion of whole life, but guess what? The American public is STILL under-insured in a day when 80% of the policies sold are term.

Put any career agent from NML, Guardian, Met against any agent from NAA, ACA, WFG and the part-timers will look like tin men.

NAA and ACA are heavily promoted on bulletin boards for GRQ "team building" opportunities. Wonder why?

If you want to defend organizations like this, that is your prerrogative. I have no use for any of those agencies and would like to see them all shut down.

Gee, recruiting people underneath them so the managers can make money? That sounds like EVERY insurance agency out there. Paying for leads? You mean YOU don't?

I don't sell for either organization and never have, but the hyperbole and bitterness are a bit much.

The guy up the thread HAS sold for ACA and has stated from HIS experience and with the actual products they sell that you are wrong. All you do is toss out bitter ex-agents on "rip-off" report. Is there ANY insurance product, or for that matter organization, who doesn't have some "bitter ex" write something on "rip-off" report?

A few years ago I was recruited by NAA and later ACA. I only post what I know from first hand experience.

I stand by my earlier posts.

Both organizations have their roots in A. L. Williams/Primerica.

A turd is still a turd.

I have been recruited by several organizations for whom I chose not to work. Concerning those organizations, out of an ethical obligation, I have chosen to keep my pie-hole closed. You would do well to adopt the same policy. I was recruited by both. I failed to investigate NAA and made the worst mistake in the world and spent 18 months there. But, on the other hand, I did learn how NOT to do it. I was recruited by ACA. I did my homework and investigated it. It has been a very good experience. Speak about what you know and leave the rest alone. You may stand by your earlier posts, but I sure hope you don't try to lean on them for support. You'll be picking yourself up from the ground.

I wouldn't get too riled. The undercurrent on this board is "if you are not me you are unethical" - and theme gets played over and over again.

Some of the biggest whore houses in the country shill for two of the top health insurance carriers - I don't see any difference is ethics when those said companies sit back and watch boiler room outfits slam and cram clients into policies to make a buck.

Then you will recall that Art Williams put together an agency of 30 day wonders turning housewives and tire changers into hapless dreamers who built a legacy of dreams. They used a high cost 10 year, non-renewable, non-convertible term product paired with a high cost annuity and illustrated returns that no one could achieve.

At the end of 10 years the annuities still had termination penalties and the term ran out leaving many unable to secure replacement coverage.

As a result of this racket, states instituted new changes in licensing, requiring 40 hours of classroom instruction and ongoing CE credits in an attempt to squash the part-timers who were twisting policies and replacing quality products with junk.

The agency business was built by folks like Frank Sullivan, Al Grannum and others. There is no doubt that a lot of people were under-insured as a result of the heavy promotion of whole life, but guess what? The American public is STILL under-insured in a day when 80% of the policies sold are term.

Put any career agent from NML, Guardian, Met against any agent from NAA, ACA, WFG and the part-timers will look like tin men.

NAA and ACA are heavily promoted on bulletin boards for GRQ "team building" opportunities. Wonder why?

If you want to defend organizations like this, that is your prerrogative. I have no use for any of those agencies and would like to see them all shut down.

Did Art Williams do everything perfectly? No. Are we all reaping the benefits of his work today? Absolutely. You should thank God for him every day.

As for the things he did not do right or perfectly, there are still agents in the field today who are doing things wrong and not servicing the client in the best possible manner. Is it an excuse? No. But as long as there are human agents in the field, clients will need to employ that built-in bullshit detector and do their due diligence. I'll always do my best to serve the best interests of the clients as most agents will. But, there will always be someone out there who screws it up for the rest of us.

As for comparing agents from NAA and ACA and other organizations to agents who are not from those organizations, you are going on faulty theory. I have received excellent education from ACA. I listen to training weekly on legitimate industry topics from other ACA agents...and not training on how to recruit. That is such a small part of what ACA talks about. Not defending NAA as a whole, but I even knew some NAA agents who were top notch, knew their stuff, and cared about the client. Again, you simply are speaking out of sheer ignorance. My 6th grade history teacher once admonished us that it is "better to remain silent and be thought of as a moron than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Yes, you will see ads from organizations like NAA and ACA which promote the team-building aspects of it. My question is: Why Not??? If someone wants to be a personal producer and never bother with a team, group, or whatever...then fine. No problem. There is good money to be made without ever recruiting the first person inside or outside of an organization like this. But, if someone wants to build a team, an organization like this offers a system one can follow and be successful. As long as the recruiter is honest and upright in his dealings with his team members, what is the harm? Some agents work better on their own with little or no support. Some agents work better within a system and organization. Its not an issue of which one is right and which one is wrong. Its an issue of what is best for the agent. Personally, I work within ACA's system and I work outside of ACA's system. I enjoy the fellowship that comes from a system like this, but I like the idea of having another venture that is totally apart from anyone else's system. There is nothing wrong with working either or both methods.

If you, or anyone else, has no use for organizations such as these...fine. Stay out of them. But, don't bash when you haven't been there and given an honest effort to make it work. When I trash NAA, its based on personal experience. When I give testimony of my positive experience with ACA, its based on personal experience. Am I saying that ACA is perfect? No. There is not an organization on the planet (Happy Earth Day, everyone) that is perfect and that performs every element just right. You can search all your life and you will never find that agency or agent. But, when I look for my associates and choose associations, I look for integrity, common sense, and a pursuit of knowledge. A pretty good formula, I do believe.

Gee, recruiting people underneath them so the managers can make money? That sounds like EVERY insurance agency out there. Paying for leads? You mean YOU don't?

I don't sell for either organization and never have, but the hyperbole and bitterness are a bit much.

The guy up the thread HAS sold for ACA and has stated from HIS experience and with the actual products they sell that you are wrong. All you do is toss out bitter ex-agents on "rip-off" report. Is there ANY insurance product, or for that matter organization, who doesn't have some "bitter ex" write something on "rip-off" report?

Absolutely correct. The entire insurance industry is built on a hierarchy system. Its just the nature of the animal.

And since "rip-off report" was mentioned, go to that website and search for both NAA and ACA and see what you find. The scales are not exactly balanced. One is pretty clean. The other is "weighed in the balance and found wanting".

With outfits like NAA and others, there are bound to be some decent branches and agents out there.

American Classic Agency is not a pyramid scheme or MLM. I am a full-time, seasoned, independent, career Agent and I am simply stating the FACTS as I KNOW them. The author of this thread asked a question - and I replied to him. I thought that perhaps he and some of the other people on this fine forum might be interested in "the truth" and "facts" rather than ill-informed conjecture and speculation.

Back